PDA

View Full Version : help a child with seizures

smith
02-25-2008, 02:11 PM
just got home from the hospital went there today because the doctor's don't know what is worng with him. he's acting like he's taking a sizures. i went to the ermergency room today because of this an interern told me there's nothing worng with him and that i'm a liar acording to the interen at the hospial any sugestions on what i should be doing about this?

sanstu
02-25-2008, 02:19 PM
You have posted on here before. Does your baby have reflux?

smith
02-25-2008, 02:24 PM
yes he does have acid reflux

sanstu
02-25-2008, 02:36 PM
PM'ed you

inuit
02-25-2008, 06:23 PM
It's really difficult when you're young with a sick child and the doctor tells you there is nothing wrong with the child HOWEVER don't be discouraged and don't give up. Mothers know their children better than doctors. You are the one who spends most of the time with the child. Doctors are not infallible they do make mistakes. Do not allow yourself to be called a liar by anybody when you are advocating for your child. You are telling them what you have witnessed to the best of your knowledge you are not lying. Just because you do not have medical background does not mean you are lying. He was being ignorant. If your child is still sick take her/him back and if that means going back repeatedly do it. Eventually someone will listen to you. Ask the next doctor what exactly is wrong with the child.Best of luck.

sanstu
02-26-2008, 10:22 PM
smith, how is your baby doing?

smith
02-27-2008, 08:21 AM
he's not doing to great but we are going to be getting seen by a specalist hopefully it will be soon.

sanstu
02-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Keep us posted, either on the forum or PM me. Good luck.

je12122
03-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I agree with the above statements....as a young mother and coming from experience if you feel there is something wrong then don't let them make you feel stupid or just a paranoid mother. My son was having seizures and I took him to emergency and they told me there was nothing wrong with him....well they continued and got worse so I brought him back up and said I wasn't leaving til they checked him all over....come to find out he was seizuring because he had pressure on his brain and had to be immediately rushed to the IWK to have a shunt put in. So please...don't let anyone tell you there is nothing wrong with your child...a mother knows...if you honestly feel something isn't right then stand your ground and if you have to refuse to leave like I did til you are treated properly. I hope that there is nothing seriously wrong with your son, and I didn't say this to scare you, just to make you aware that they can and do make mistakes at times...doctors are only human and to always trust your mother instinct.

God bless you.

smith
03-07-2008, 09:08 PM
they still don't know yet what's worng with my son yet but i was told by the nerolgist at the hospitlal if he has another spell that he's going to be admmited. i have to go back to the hospital in a month time from today . they also want my son to be seen by an ent specalist . right now he's contagious but he's home and sick i might take him back up to the hospital tommow because he's just getting worst and it's been a week now .

beckettjag
03-08-2008, 10:42 AM
My daughter also has frequent seizures.Is your neurologist dr.Meek?he's the best.My daughter will be undergoing brain surgury to stop her seizures where they take out the part of the brain causing the seizures.She has sturge-weber.if you need any advice or questions we have been living with this for 7 months we are old pros at the seizure situation.Every seizure cause damage to the brain so it's important to get them under control with medication it might take trying with some different meds to find the one that works Mia is on her 2nd one.Did they send you home from the hospital with any back-up?Mia has a vial of valium that she gets injected rectally if a seizure lasts for longer than 5 min that's the magic number anything longer is really not good.I hope you find answers keep pestering the doctors I was all over them until they helped my daughter.

FutureChief88
03-12-2008, 08:01 AM
OMG you guys! God bless all of you! I cannot imagine having to go through this. I would be a nervous wreck!

My thoughts and prayers are with you Smith and Beckettjag.

angelaa
03-12-2008, 08:16 AM
I'm with You FutureChief88, I got nervous just reading what Beckettjag had posted. This must be so hard on You. If either of You need any help with anything please let me know.

smith
03-12-2008, 10:57 AM
he;s just been diagnosed with asthma now . they are going to be removing his tonsils. does any body used to giving puffers to a 12 month old? any advised on how to give him is puffers is needed .

babydoll101
03-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Use the appropriate mask inhaler chamber.They really work. Mind you the child doesn't like to have any thing over their mouth and nose but they will inhale it properly. Hope this helps:)

angelaa
03-12-2008, 12:26 PM
The Doctor who precribed Him should be able to show You, Or when You pick up the puffer at the Drug Store You can get the Pharmacist to Show You how, There is no harm in asking too many questions. Make sure You know everything You need to before administering it Yourself. Good luck to You both. You seem to doing a Great Job so far, so don't worry so much, Just take a deep breathe Yourself and relax, You deserve it.

smith
03-19-2008, 09:03 PM
he just got put on medication for his sizures today and now i have to take him up to the hospital in moncton. he's not even babbling no more either sence he started taking sizures.

smith
03-22-2008, 07:50 AM
his pedition won't even change his medication like the neriolgist wants him to. he also is` being sent to an ent specalist here in saintjohn.

livkat
03-26-2008, 07:55 PM
How is your son???

smith
03-26-2008, 07:57 PM
he's still not doing to great but at the end of april we are going to be seen by another specalist.

smith
04-03-2008, 04:51 PM
just to let you know that his eeg wasn't a good one.

sanstu
04-03-2008, 05:38 PM
So sorry smith. What's going on?

FutureChief88
04-04-2008, 08:14 AM
OMG.. Anything we can do to help.. :(

I am soo sorry smith!

smith
04-04-2008, 08:33 AM
with all the medication he's on he looks like a drug out baby boy his eyes ae glassy from not sleeping. if he does fall asleep he's up again in 15 minutes. night time he just entertaines himselfe in the crib until he to tired to stay awake and falls asleep.

FutureChief88
04-04-2008, 09:35 AM
What were the results. Why not good. Are they going to be able to help this precious boy.. My heart is sinking just thinking about you and your little boy.

Seriously if there is ANYTHING i can do.. and i know that sounds rediculous.. but if there is anything i can do to help ease any stress or antyhing please let me know.

smith
04-04-2008, 09:42 AM
he's going up to moncton on tuesday to the hospital up there to get another eeg done he has eptilespy which i know i'm not spelling it right.at the end of the month i take him to see another specalist because they don't know why he's not sleeping and that's why he's tired all the time and because he's still getting used to his new medication.he now as a bit of a rash on him i guess it's called the christmas tree rash.he's a boy that thows up a lot because he has acid reflux which i'm constanly changing him and wiping up the floors where he throws up.

FutureChief88
04-04-2008, 10:02 AM
OMG.. i feel horrible!

Why are they unable to figure it out. He is having seizures.. can they not just treat him properly?

smith
04-04-2008, 11:53 AM
i tried to get him into the doctor office today as he's throwing up and when he does it's all choppy looking like he has an upset stomache which i'm not sure what to do.

FutureChief88
04-04-2008, 01:58 PM
OMG.. what about the hospital? R they any help?

smith
04-04-2008, 02:01 PM
the hospital isnt a good place for my son because they seem to but him on stuff that he can't have and both of his doctor's are away.