PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers

lizard_lover
02-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I know I have posted this before, but have to ask again.
I have always wanted to go abroad and volunteer to help those who need it most (yeah I know the sap story about how we have poor people in need here, but there is a difference. The government helps here, and even if you are a bum with nothing the government can still help you, and most of the poor people here chose to be in that situation...but the people I want to help have no one, have nothing to help them. And North America is keeping them where they are. The world needs poor to have rich. They are in poverty because we need them there so to speak...)
My problem is I cannot pay all by myself as it costs (depending on the program) anywhere from 1500$ to 2500$ US for 2 months. They support fundraising for the projects. I am wondering if there is anyone here that would buy crafts, baked goods, or whatever to support this cause. Here is a link to one of the program sites just so I dont have more people telling me I am full of it, and that "there is no way you have to pay that much just to volunteer somewhere, you are running a scam...".
http://www.volunteer.org.nz/ecuador/

Any coments are welcome, except for the people who are going to respond just to be rude.

inuit
02-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Why don't you go for two or three weeks at first. You may not like it once you're there and be out all that money. If you go and really enjoy it you will find a way to return.