PDA

View Full Version : Amstaff grooming?

miss_daisie
01-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Hello there. I have gotten myself a wonderful 8 month old american staffordshire terrier. He is a wonderufl lil fella. My first time with THIS breed but have had similar ones before.
I've been reading around and I've heard some stuff about them having possible skin problems and diffrent grooming needs... Im wondering if anyones gotten any extra info on the topic. I know they say don't bath them unless really needed and a dry shampoo is recommended. But I can't seem to kinda any info about the skin problems. I just wonder because my boy has a spot on his forehead where his fur isnt 100% right. at first I figured it was just maybe somthing from maybe a run in with a cat. Or the fmaily he was with before had 3 small children maybe somthing from them... Im keeping an eye on it to see if it improves but im not sure if I should get a lotion for it or anything? and worry about pointless treatment that could possibly irratate his skin. I plan to get him into a groomer somtime soon to get his nails trimmed and in about a month to a vet to get fixed and I plan to ask them both about it to see if anyones got any ideas or info. But thought it wouldnt hurt to ask now either.
If anyones got any info or tips about this situation.. or any interesting facts about the breed for that matter Id love to hear it.
thanks in advance everyone!