PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

inuit
02-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Does anyone watch American Idol? Is it just me or does Paula seem incapable of forming a intelligible sentence. I've been watching this show for the past few years and it seems every season Paula becomes a little more weird. I love Paula and have since the early eighties and she had her first hits but now i just don"t know. She did well on her new video though.Anyone else notice this?

dan j
02-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Carly sucked hard and Randy and Paula ate it up. I hate conspiracies but this seems like it was called in. Simon, however, gave an honest opinion of her performance but it almost seemed as if he said that then the fake opinions of Randy and Paula wouldn't seem so fake, ya know?

inuit
02-24-2008, 02:04 PM
I agree Carly wasn't so hot , but I loved Michael John. I can understand the concept of what all three judges do but honestly poor Paula can't seem to form a sentence at all. Juat watch her Tuesday night and see if you can see her start and complete one single sentence. She flubs, stutters and goes from one thought to another in a nanosecond. Almost scary. You'd think she was heavly drugged. Just my opinion.

dan j
02-24-2008, 04:02 PM
People have been saying that for awhile about her. I don't have an opinion on it.

FutureChief88
02-29-2008, 09:37 AM
I cant stand paula. She seems to just agree with whatever Randy says and then, if it happens to be something "bad" she always has to put the "but your wonderful" in there. Have some sort of an intelligent opinion on your own. Or at least try.

what did you guys think of her "music Video". Wow.. Not flattering at all.

inuit
02-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I think Paula tries to be nice and lessen the blow but instead comes across as a nitwit and wishywashy. I don't agree with all of the professional recording artists and singers on this year. The true newbys don't have a level playing field. Hard for an amature to compete with a professional.

dittydottie
03-05-2008, 09:09 PM
I watched it tonight for the first time this year.I have to say that Paula did not seem to be there 100%.She did seem slurred at times with her speech and she seemed to get lost in her thoughts.I sure hope she is not ill in anyway or under any influence.

inuit
03-25-2008, 08:41 PM
I do not dislike Paula. nothing against her really BUT it is so condecending when she can not find anything really good to say to the girls she will say "but you look really great tonight". Lordy Paula it's not a beauty pagent it's a singing competition. I find those coments really sexist. She never says that to the guys. If I were one of the females she said that to, I'd be offended. What's looks got to do with it?

mizunderstood
03-25-2008, 09:42 PM
I have always LOVED Paula, but she seems to braindead and burned out this year... She seems like a ninny, not being able to string more than 4 words together to make an intelligent sentence...
Simon, I think is being the rudest, most crass pompus jerk ever.
Randy, well, he's a cutie! lol...
Honestly I think Paula had a stroke or something..... She has had an addiction over the years to pain meds... maybe thats the issue? I dunno... I just want the old paula back!

dan j
03-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Paula often has trouble putting together original thoughs but has a good heart. Every episode she has a few nuggets of original feedback to the contestants. I don't think this has changed over the years but is who she is. I don't think she is sexist at all because she always tries to say something nice about everyone unless she feels she needs to provide some worthwhile criticism so she treats the boys like she has a crush on them and treats the girls like they are in a pageant.

Randy has the best ear for the technical aspects of the singing and also understands in a good way what can makes a worthwhile career in music.

Simon understands what is in good taste and what isn't. He also understands what makes an artist able to make it in the actual music business. He also has good taste and is saying what most people are thinking. He isn't crass at all.

inuit
03-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Simon can be downright rude at times. He's gotten more melow over the past 6 years. You know, I've noticed one thing. After the contestants finish their songs they listen to what Randy ans Paula have to say with a smile but when it comes to Simon they pay particular attention and if he approves they are estatic and if he dissapproves, they are crestfallen. He may as well be a sole judge.

As for Paula, she does have a good heart but I still think commenting on how a contestant is dressed is inapropriate and since she only does this to females then it's sexist. If she were to comment on what the males were wearing, it would still be inapropriate but not sexist.

inuit
04-24-2008, 08:21 PM
O.K., I'm all done with the show for this season. It was bad enough when John Michael was voted off but now with Carley gone, the best singers are gone. Brooke may go a little further but I doubt it. One of the Davids will win, wait and see.

FutureChief88
04-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Well i dont think brooke is any good at all! She should ahve been gone this week.. especially with the stopping and starting of the song there. I LOVED carly.. i wont be watching it any longer either.

inuit
04-25-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm with you on that. I think Brooke is still there because she so cutsie.She does have a good voice but I think Carly was a lot better than either of the girls left.

FutureChief88
04-26-2008, 07:21 AM
It doesnt really matter tho.. Carly will do great things. I am sure we havent heard the last of her!

Like i said before.. i wouldnt WANT to win AI anyway! Their label sucks.
I am just not watching anymore cause i am not interested in anyone who is left on the show, not cause i am Boycotting or anything.. lol

dally
04-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Two years ago Chris Daughtery was voted off around this time and he is doing just great on his own, I think Carly will do the same. She was my favourite but David Cook is amazing and I'm hoping he gets it, though the young girls seem to be in love with the other David. Who knows what the end results will be, I do like Brooke but she's not as good a Carly. Anyway I'm still going to watch it to the end.