PDA

View Full Version : Famuly allowance checks???

shelby26
02-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Hello, i was just curious if anyone else that recieves family allowance checks by mail didnt recieve their check?? I usually get my check on the 20 th every month but today it wasnt there,I figured because of the storm dates others might be late??
:o Thanks

MichelleM
02-20-2008, 06:33 PM
It is the 20th for direct deposit but they have until the 26th or 27th by mail

shelby26
02-20-2008, 06:34 PM
I know they have till the 26th but , i just wondered if any of them were out on the 20th or not

rhiley_08j
02-20-2008, 06:40 PM
I know of a couple of people that recieved them by mail today.

Deanie
02-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I got mine today.

Natalie_McDowell
02-20-2008, 08:05 PM
I got mine today

mybooboo
02-20-2008, 08:31 PM
i did late afternoon,,,according to the post office they have there workers all on different routes so they have been having a tonne of problems and complaints...i didnt get mail for 2 weeks till i complained,some nights it doesnt go by till 7:30 at night and i live in the city.

MrsBeasley
02-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Mine arrived today.

shelby26
02-20-2008, 09:09 PM
I quess i will hopefully get it tommorow! I should really get it direct deposit LMAO I called the line and put my info in and it said it was processed so WOOHOO,

demeter
02-23-2008, 11:06 AM
i did late afternoon,,,according to the post office they have there workers all on different routes so they have been having a tonne of problems and complaints...i didnt get mail for 2 weeks till i complained,some nights it doesnt go by till 7:30 at night and i live in the city.

HAHA, if only that was true! :rofl:

Some of the complaints that come into the post office are CRAZY!

demeter
02-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Not going postal in the least.

Its just hilarious to watch what other people write about Canada Post. Everyone seems to have an immediate hate for the place and people, and I'm not really sure why. I believe its an uneducated decision, but to each their own I guess.

I posted what I posted because the assumptions fell right inline with what most postal workers have to deal with daily. Most are considered criminals by the general public, even though they've never met. So when a customer calls and complains, they immediately place ANY blame on their letter carrier.

People will also exagerate to try and bring immediate attention to their issue. Here are a couple of my favorites:

1. "My mom got her christmas card from my grandparents, and I haven't yet received mine.....maybe my letter carrier could check between the seats of her car because she admitted to me before that she lost a cheque of mine there..."

2. "My letter carrier puts my mail in my mailbox upside down....I just dont think thats right...."

:)

Should be noted that if someone in the city is REALLY getting mail at 730 at night, I would complain because every city walk is structured so that no matter how heavy the mail is, the letter carrier works from 7am til 3pm, with the majority being done well before 3....

rhiley_08j
02-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Should be noted that if someone in the city is REALLY getting mail at 730 at night, I would complain because every city walk is structured so that no matter how heavy the mail is, the letter carrier works from 7am til 3pm, with the majority being done well before 3....

I believe mybooboo did say that they called and complained, and when they stated that you automatically assumed they were being false.
Maybe you should read posts more closely before you make a comment, and not jump to "uneducated" assumptions.

lizard_lover
02-24-2008, 01:03 PM
demeter do people seriously call and say those things? like who cares if it is upside down? lol sorry i just think that is funny...but yeah you really should read what people say before jumping to your assumptions, because at some point these people might do it back to you

mybooboo
02-24-2008, 02:24 PM

Its just hilarious to watch what other people write about Canada Post. Everyone seems to have an immediate hate for the place and people, and I'm not really sure why. I believe its an uneducated decision, but to each their own I guess.

I posted what I posted because the assumptions fell right inline with what most postal workers have to deal with daily. Most are considered criminals by the general public, even though they've never met. So when a customer calls and complains, they immediately place ANY blame on their letter carrier.

People will also exagerate to try and bring immediate attention to their issue. Here are a couple of my favorites:

1. "My mom got her christmas card from my grandparents, and I haven't yet received mine.....maybe my letter carrier could check between the seats of her car because she admitted to me before that she lost a cheque of mine there..."

2. "My letter carrier puts my mail in my mailbox upside down....I just dont think thats right...."

:)

Should be noted that if someone in the city is REALLY getting mail at 730 at night, I would complain because every city walk is structured so that no matter how heavy the mail is, the letter carrier works from 7am til 3pm, with the majority being done well before 3....On more than one occasion my neighbourhood has received our mail WELL after 3 pm.And I have complained 3 times about our service or lack there of!

sanstu
02-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Gee, go figure... people have a dislike for government workers. I'm soooo.... shocked!:rolleyes:.

Most postal workers are not thought of as criminals, however some have become criminals due to theft.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If the service is crappy, then people have a right to comment on it. It has very little to do with one's education. FYI most that post here are educated people!

inuit
02-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Not complaining about my mail carrier but at least 3 times a month I get a piece of mail that belongs to the same house number as mine on the next street to mine. I always drop it back in the letter box but I do wonder if that address is getting my mail and are they dropping it in the letterbox or in the trash can. just a pet peeve. I don't want to complain about my mail carrier because it must be a real sucky job.

patbez
02-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Some people have had wonderful experiences with postal workers, others haven't. It's like that with any business...you can go to one restaurant chain location & the food is great w/ great service while one just down the street is horrible. Like my experience with KFC...which is a whole different can of worms, but the KFC in the mall is HORRIBLE.

Anyway...

I deal with the post office a LOT & have for the past 8 years. I usually mail approx. 20 packages a week & receive several packages every few weeks. It's a mixed bag when it comes to the people I've had to deal with...some are super nice & know what they're doing, other just don't have a clue. I've needed to get shipping quotes before & have taken something to get weighed & priced & when I come back to send it not two days later I'm given a totally different price :/ This has happened on several occasions, which means SOMEONE is doing something wrong...but there's simply nothing you can do about it.

I've also sent items in a large poster tube & then have come in maybe a month later with an exact same sized poster tube & have been told they don't send poster tubes because they can't properly weight them on their scale [?!]...

Not to mention the times when I've been home ALL day & then when I check my mail find a notice in my box saying I have package at the post office, some distance away, & that there was no answer when they knocked/rang...then they give the exact time on the slip & I was obviously home & know I was not doing anything to prevent me from hearing them knock/ring at that precise time. This has also happened on more than one occasion.

Lastly...one day I heard the mailman putting the mail in our box & leaving our building. I went down immediately after he left. There was a large parcel sitting under our mailbox & it was not only not for us, it was for a business that was down the street...perplexed, but thinking he simply made a mistake, I rushed outside & he was at the building next door. I told him he made a mistake & left the package at our box...he looked at me puzzled & said "Isn't this addressed to your husband?" [which it was SO not] & when I told him no, he just continued to say "I thought that was your husband so I left it here"....I said "Even if it WAS in my husband's name, the address is a completely different building down the street...why would you deliver it to an address not stated?!"....It was just the oddest thing & he was acting like I was the crazy one & like he really thought it was okay to just deliver something to a separate address where he THOUGHT the person lived. Bizarre.

Sorry this was long winded....my point is simply that one's own experiences dictate how they feel about a given organization, business etc. If someone else has had exceptionally great service from Canada Post, then they're completely free to have wonderful thoughts about them. I have also had wonderful service from CP at times & there are few ladies I just love seeing when I go to send mail...but unfortunately the bad incidents have outweighed the good.

Cherry Pop
02-24-2008, 11:41 PM
My father used to be a post man for over 30 years, he is retired now, however when he was working he did get some mail shifts where the shift hours for delivering mail and packages were 6am-2pm, 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm so the person who stated all post men work 7am-3pm is wrong. I have also been receiving my mail after supper, which would be after 6 pm for me, the last couple of weeks which is a bit nuts! I understand that the post office is doing an overhaul of their routes but when you have to go into the bank to cash your cheques such as family allowance and if you receive your mail at night, you can't cash your cheques until the next day!

sarahnb
02-25-2008, 09:43 AM
If you are experiencing a hold up with government cheques, use direct deposit.
I had an awesome mail carrier. He was very friendly and even would ask how I was doing after a car accident. Due to an injury, he's no longer doing our route.

care1978
02-25-2008, 10:58 AM

well i know that recently becasue of the new routes, that my mail hasnt been coming until at least suppertime, i called the post office and the woman told me it is becasue the carirers are being given new and longerr routes, and it may be late until the carrier gets used to the new route.
my firends father was a postman, and he had told me on a few occaissions that it isnt entirely uncommon for the mail to be"very" late, especially when it is a new carrier on a route that they aren't familiar with.
if you had have read BooBoo's post correctly you would have seen that after she said "i hope my carrier didn't steal it" she also said "lol"
which would indicate that she wasnt being serious. i think you need to relax a bit, and learn to take some lite humor

beefy
02-29-2008, 08:38 PM
my hats are off to the mail carriers. I cam honestly say that i've never had a problem with the mailman in my area( or mailwoman) A few times i've gotten mail that was supposed to go to someone elses house that is around the corner from me.....No biggie...Just took it around to their house...problem solved. Think about your mailcarrier next time you see someone fall on the ice. Think about the problems they have manouvering on our beautiful sidewalks. A big tip of the hat to our posties. Keep up the good work.

demeter
03-01-2008, 11:03 AM
My father used to be a post man for over 30 years, he is retired now, however when he was working he did get some mail shifts where the shift hours for delivering mail and packages were 6am-2pm, 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm so the person who stated all post men work 7am-3pm is wrong. I have also been receiving my mail after supper, which would be after 6 pm for me, the last couple of weeks which is a bit nuts! I understand that the post office is doing an overhaul of their routes but when you have to go into the bank to cash your cheques such as family allowance and if you receive your mail at night, you can't cash your cheques until the next day!

There are different shifts at the post office, but I was refering to letter carriers...letter carriers only work from 7 til 3...UNLESS they are working overtime. I'm not wrong, I work there.

FutureChief88
03-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Thats funny.. cause so does my BF and he always works till 5./. Depending on the route.. He doesnt get paid overtime until he works after 5..

rhiley_08j
03-01-2008, 04:47 PM
There are different shifts at the post office, but I was refering to letter carriers...letter carriers only work from 7 til 3...UNLESS they are working overtime. I'm not wrong, I work there.

The mail carrier was on Metcalf Street still delivering mail at 7:15 pm last night. Must have been going for some double time eh?

mizunderstood
03-01-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't know how come people are saying that mail routes are done by 3pm. I know for a fact that is not true. All of my clients that I work for have been getting their mail VERY late in the day. One of my clients (east side) doesn't get her mail until 530pm. Another one of my clients (west side) gets her's at around 6-630pm. The other client (east side) she gets her mail, whenever the mail man gets there. Some days it is 10 am, somedays it is 2 pm, there have been days that her mail did not get there until after 7pm....
When they first changed the routes around my mail was not coming until well past 5pm. It seems to be getting better though, it is usually around 3-4pm now.

redbridgelane
03-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Jeese dont worry...u will get your family allowance checks...they maybe a day late but who cares????