PDA

View Full Version : Mold?

mreid1980
02-17-2008, 12:19 PM
I am just wondering if there is anyone out there that has live in an apartment or home that had mold in it and has became sick. I have been live in an apartment in saint john for the 7 months and for the last 4 months I have had mold.... I am now moveing out because the build has done nothing to fix this problem. Now me and my kids have an allerge to mold and have been sick for the last 4 months, Just wonder if anyone else has goan through this before and if you can give me any advice on what I sould do from here?
Any information would help

Coston07
02-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Did you call the rentalsman, I would think the landlord would have a responsiblity to fix the issue.

mreid1980
02-18-2008, 09:03 AM
they are aware of this sisuation but because my lease is expired now and i have not sighned a new one they will do nothing, I am moveing at the end of this month.

jennifer25ca2006
02-19-2008, 01:35 AM
When I had that problem I used bathroom bleach stuff got rid of it all never came back. Works great.

Chinna Dah
02-19-2008, 04:37 PM
A few years ago, we had a mold problem in my old apt.we didnt know it was there, for a whole year my hubby and I were constantly sick, I had pnemonia, strep throat, boncitis, larengitis, hubby was always sick also. When we discovered the mold, under the bed no less, we called my landlord and that weekend she had a carpenter come in tore down the bedroom walls, tore up the carpet, and had it all fixed again. That was the end to my illnesses.

My advise would be to clean all your stuff with a javex/water mixture, give it all a wipe down, you dont want to take the spores with you.

kaj27
02-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Don't touch any mold without proper protection. Get some masks and gloves and open the windows!

inuit
02-19-2008, 07:12 PM
When my neighbour discovered mold and called a cleaning company they came in with hasmat suits and respirators. They put plastic up over the door of the room they were working on so I guess some molds are pretty toxic. I don't know if all mold is the same or not.

mreid1980
02-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Yes we all have health issues, but now that I am moveing in a few day i hope it will all go away and we can get better thanks everyone for all your information

mreid1980
02-21-2008, 08:40 PM
There should be something put in place with landloards that if there an issue like this in a apartment it should have to be taken care of in a timley matter , If not the city should be fineing them or something

kaj27
02-21-2008, 09:47 PM
There should be something put in place with landloards that if there an issue like this in a apartment it should have to be taken care of in a timley matter , If not the city should be fineing them or something

Lots of things need to be fixed about landlords. You'd figure they would want to take pride in their buildings. But rather just let them rot, so to speak.