PDA

View Full Version : LG Shine

puppyluv
02-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Does anyone have an LG Shine cell? (not the fancy one that slides up..just a flip)
I have had this one for around 2 months and it sucks to be quite blunt. I went to work with 3 full bars on the battery. rec'd 1 text message, sent a reply...it was dead at 5pm tonight! :mad:
This isnt the 1st time that has happened either! It said 12 days of standby, bit I am lucky to get 1 day!:thumbsdown: This is the 2nd phone as I was unhappy with the 1st one thinking it was a defective battery..wrong! They (Aliant) suggested I turn down the power...I bought it becuase of the options and lit up background numbers when it opens...their reps aren't overly helpful when there is an issue.
Anyone else have one or suggest what to do???:(

kaj27
02-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Was this a call service or did you stop into a store?

I've never been a fan of LG. Most people think its a great brand, but it stands for Lucky Goldstar. If anyone knows products from the 80s..... They made microwaves, tvs a bunch of garbage.

Call aliant, talk to someone higher-up.

dan j
02-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Was it at 3 bars but at 3 bars for a bit of time or did you just unplug it before you went to work and it said "fully charged"? Phones can often be like your gas gauge in your car. One day it is pretty much full and the next day you're almost empty.

Also, your phone has LBS, Location Based Services, ability and having this feature activated on your phone even though it isn't doing anything uses lots of battery power. If you have a "cross hairs" on your display, your LBS is turned on. You have to turn it off in your settings.

Your phone also has Bluetooth and if you have this turned on your phone will always be looking for other Bluetooth devices without you even knowing and this uses a lot of battery power. Check your settings for this.

Finally, make sure that your display is set to turn off quickly after being turned on. Often, after you open your phone to look at the time or whatever other reason the display can stay on up to a minute on some phones. This also will use up a lot of battery power. Again, check your settings.

If none of these things are appicable to you, bring your phone back to the dealer you got it at. Did you buy the Premium Warranty package? This may help you even more especially if your phone already has its pink dot from moisture exposure.

puppyluv
02-13-2008, 07:08 AM
Was it at 3 bars but at 3 bars for a bit of time or did you just unplug it before you went to work and it said "fully charged"? Phones can often be like your gas gauge in your car. One day it is pretty much full and the next day you're almost empty.
Good question, but it said fully charged..and my thinking was even if it wasnt, it should have lasted longer than 6 hours or whatver it was.. It also had said charging completeAlso, your phone has LBS, Location Based Services, ability and having this feature activated on your phone even though it isn't doing anything uses lots of battery power. If you have a "cross hairs" on your display, your LBS is turned on. You have to turn it off in your settings.
whay does this feature do Dan? It is activated on my phone. neve rmind just found it..like a gps find me or my phone system...Hmmm would Horatio find me if I did not have this???:)

Your phone also has Bluetooth and if you have this turned on your phone will always be looking for other Bluetooth devices without you even knowing and this uses a lot of battery power. Check your settings for this. Blue tooth was off. I just made sure and it wanted to turn it on, I said no.Finally, make sure that your display is set to turn off quickly after being turned on. Often, after you open your phone to look at the time or whatever other reason the display can stay on up to a minute on some phones. This also will use up a lot of battery power. Again, check your settings.

If none of these things are appicable to you, bring your phone back to the dealer you got it at. Did you buy the Premium Warranty package? This may help you even more especially if your phone already has its pink dot from moisture exposure. You know by the look on my face :confused: I have no idea what that package is, so I would say NO. grrrrr

Thanks!

puppyluv
02-13-2008, 07:09 AM
ps..display stays on for 10 seconds after i close it outside

dan j
02-13-2008, 10:38 AM
K. Now see what kind of service your battery gives.

Horatio will now not be able to find you as easily. he'll still find you though, he's H!

You can still buy a monthly warranty package now even though you got the phone a few months ago. If you do, you have to wait 30 days after buying it to make a claim.

All the details are here: http://productsandservice.aliant.net/PS/nb/english/productsandservices/productDetailPage.do?tab=y&prodTab=Details&bodycont=productsandservices%2fproductDetailPage.d o?product_id=682692&product_id=682692&curbody=25&section=251&subsection=1

puppyluv
02-17-2008, 05:28 PM
well I will drop over to aliant tomorrow. fully charged this am, not used an dit jsut powered itself off with a dead battery..even with all the changes..grrrrrr

dan j
02-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Yeah, you should bring that into a dealer. If you run into any problems, PM me.

puppyluv
02-18-2008, 05:52 AM
Thanks Dan j!