PDA

View Full Version : herbal magic

baseball 23
02-10-2008, 06:55 PM
any experiences with them?

i heard it's a lot of supplements and still pretty expensive?

Any idea how it works past the supplements?

MrsBeasley
02-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I worked with a girl who used them this past summer. I think she lost way too much weight even though her "dietician" had increased her food intake a couple of times. Toward the end of summer she was becoming very absent minded and having fainting spells. When she went back to school she was still having fainting spells and went for tests and found out that she was Vitamin B deficient.

Personally, I wouldn't trust any program where you'd have to take any kind of pills, herbal or not, in order to lose weight. A good balanced diet, portion control and exercise could very well do the same thing, without pumping unknown chemicals into your bloodstream.

puppyluv
02-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Herbal Magic is less about the vitamin Supplemnts and more about the proper amount of food to eat. It follows the Canada Food Guide and does not recommend using meal replacements all the time etc.
Does it cost> Sure, but like most things in life, it depends on how much you want it.

Chinna Dah
02-11-2008, 08:09 AM
I went in for a consultation, I really think it would work, and I know a lady who has lost 50 pounds and swears by them.....BUT for me personally it was going to cost about 4500.00 for 3 years, 2 years weight loss and 1 year maintenance. Plus I would have had to go in 5 days a week to weight in for the first 3 weeks, and at that time they would give me my daily pills for detox and what not.

I can barely get out of bed and off to work on time let alone going there daily.

Puppyluv...I have to disagree with you...it is ALL about the suppliments...the Canada Food Guide is just common sense when trying to loose weight in any fashion. If it were just about the food, why would I have had to buy 4 grand worth of suppliments? Why would they not just teach me how to eat properly?

ksbeckaa
02-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I took something similar in the past called Herbalife....it required a reduction in food ( ok), an increase in exercise (ok) and over 40 pills/supplements a day (NOT OK)

babydoll101
02-11-2008, 12:26 PM
I am doing Weight Watchers right now. Just got done my first week and I love them. I had tried both L.A. Weightloss and Herbal Magic and I believe Weight Watchers is the best. You don't have to buy all of the "extras" those other people want you too. I highly recommend them. There is a registration fee but then you can pay weekly and if you don't like it you just have the fee to lose. I say go for it!!!

puppyluv
02-12-2008, 05:24 AM
Chinna Dah, You are incorrect. I dont take their supplements.

Chinna Dah
02-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Chinna Dah, You are incorrect. I dont take their supplements.

Then why do you go there then? Do you pay them money for nothing??

The name kinda says it all...."HERBAL" Magic.....

puppyluv
02-12-2008, 06:51 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: sure..i pay them for nothing...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The name of subway isnt all about subs is it? No, well go figure.

dantan2
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
I have done Herbal Magic and loved it. Although it is very expensive. It worked for my husband and I and it is not hard to keep off afterwards if you stay sensible. I started eating better on the program than I did before. Following Canada's food guide is easy when you get used to it. I can not imagine how someone could be vitamin B defecient with all the fruits and veggies that are on the program.

puppyluv
02-13-2008, 07:13 AM
dantan you are right, but when I look at my eating habits growing up as a child, we didnt have much fruit or veg..Not because of the lack of importance, but because of cost..and I did that most of the way through my teens and 20's and 30's...
Now it is odd if i dont get them in! hahaha

according to studies done, banana's and apples are supposed to help keep alzheimers away....lets hope that is true!

congrads too on the weightloss!