PDA

View Full Version : "Scrapbooking"

puppyluv
01-17-2007, 04:33 PM
As some of you know, my Mom passed away a week ago. My sister and I have decided we are going to make each of the kids and Dad a scrapbook of them with Mom and them in the family.
Thing is, neither of us have done these before....and we want to have them all done for the end of July, as this is when we are all going to get together to say good bye to Mom and spread her ashes over the water. So, we are hoping that while we will have sad hearts, we will have smiles as well.

Advice, tips, what to do, what not to do, good books to get at the library etc please??

magoosmomma
01-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Coles has some scrapbooking books as well as just about every store that sells magazines sell scrapbooking magazines as well for ideas

Walmart and Zellers also sell the kits that are geared for kids scrapbooks(Super store on Rothesay avenue has them too I think)

dmbeyea
01-17-2007, 04:56 PM
I buy most of my scrapping stuff at the differnt dollar stores. THey have realy nice books too for $1.
I just look at the pic and figure out what I have and what will go with the pictures, I have so afr done 7 scrapbooks for Christmas presents.

Mandi
01-17-2007, 04:56 PM
There is an amazing scrap booking book at michaels, i think it's around $30 so it's a bit spendy for a crafting book, and I don't remember the name of it. It has a lot of photos of lay outs and how to achieve certain looks, really informative.

luvlylady31
01-18-2007, 02:29 PM
I seen a cd-rom for scrapbooking at the Super store west yesterday. It was only $9.99

amclure
01-18-2007, 07:36 PM
I love digital scrapbooking. I find it easier. esp since I don't like my writing. Future shop has all kinds of scrapbooking programs. i like Paint shop Pro 10 the best though. The camera store in the mall had a bunch of scapbooking kits for 10.00 to 20.00 just after Christmas I think it was. Good luck with this.

Oh yah one of the things I do is google 'quotes' Like 'love quotes' 'memory quotes' And you can usually really nice sayings that haven't been over used.

A

pepsimama
01-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Oh Puppyluv- I had no idea. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.

I have bought most of my scrapbooking items at either Walmart of Michael's, though I don't really do that much with it. It can get expensive pretty quickly. :)

Qbee
01-18-2007, 11:46 PM
I've been scrapbooking for a while now. What works for me is to splurge on a good idea book, Micheals have some great ones, I prefer the one called CHERISH. Then buy your supplies on sale at Micheals (use those 40% coupons every week) and at the dollar stores to achieve a similar look that is in the book. When you are more confident you will make up your own styles.
Hope this helps. Sorry to here about your Mom.

mamabear
01-23-2007, 02:17 AM
the dollar store on king street west has awesome supplies and good prices$1-$3