PDA

View Full Version : This just makes me sad!

SaskSask
01-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Did anyone else see this news story last night?

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070116/cancer_dca_070116/20070116?hub=Health

"Small molecule offers hope for cancer treatment

A small, non-toxic molecule may soon be available as an inexpensive treatment for many forms of cancer, including lung, breast and brain tumours, say University of Alberta researchers.

But there's a catch: the drug isn't patented, and pharmaceutical companies may not be interested in funding further research if the treatment won't make them a profit."

I can understand not wanting to put yourself outta business...but

puppyluv
01-17-2007, 03:58 PM
yep...money makes the world go round....even if one company funded and supported this, wouldnt the support for theat companies other prodicts go through the roof?

new424
01-17-2007, 04:39 PM
I watched this last night as well and it makes me very angry and sad at the same time:( as my mom is currently in hospital undergoing radiation and chemo for lung cancer and she is not responding well to treatments at all.
It's sad when people's lives hang in the balance because of the almighty dollar.

Mandi
01-17-2007, 05:00 PM
All of my aunts have had cancer, My nanny died from cancer, and my mother is in her 3rd remission. Cancer is a very scary thing to me. I believe they came up with a cure long ago, I heard about a student learning how to kill cancer cells but he wasn't allowed to share his information because it was 'faulty'. That was a while ago, but I don't think the cure for cancer will ever be released because the government and pharmacies make too much off it. $30 a pill you have to take 3 times a day adds up quickly. It's really a depressing world we live in.

devils_advocat1
01-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Sick!! and this is why i hate society today

devils_advocat1
01-17-2007, 05:59 PM
when one of the decision makers for the pharmacies loses a loved one to cancer or maybe a couple of loved ones they will wish they hadnt have been so damn greedy and went for the good rather than the gold

SaskSask
01-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah....they are looking for a cure for cancer alright.....and as long as it is in the right profit range they will release it. It'll cost the people who need it a crapload. When you add everything up in treatment (drugs) and equipment. The gov might be more inclined to want a cheaper treatment...but guess who controls the gov.

Good grief... if this is what they do with a potential cure...not interested no profit! What happens to the cure (Drug company says in board meeting - WE CAN'T HAVE A CURE...bury it!!! And kill everyone in the lab conected to it!...or how about, the cost is your first born!).

Cherry Pop
01-17-2007, 06:52 PM
It is sad. I don't have cancer but another illness and I wonder if someday they will find a cure for it or a better way to live with it. Cause the way you have to live with it now is no fun!