PDA

View Full Version : LA Weight Loss

nbnewfie
02-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Any comments or suggestions??? I am thinking about trying this. Does it work?

shadoww
02-07-2008, 09:07 AM
I know 3 people who did this, 2 have had great success the third said it was just too much work prepearing her meals at the end of the day so she quit. So I guess it depends on the person and how badly you want to lose the weight, if your not 100%committed it is such a waste of money.

Eric
02-07-2008, 11:37 AM
It's a total waste of money. My wife started there last May. When she went in she was commited. She paid the fee and then they said well you have to buy the bars up front because it's cheeper, so she did(over a thousand dollars later). They said not a problem, by February you'll be down to the weight that you want to be at. Every time she went in they gave her an excuss of why she's not loosing the weight and got her to try all kinds of different thing from herbal tea to flex seeds. well it's now Febrary and she only lost 30 pounds. She was commited all the way thrue. She went in right before Chritmas and the manager said well I knew it was gonna be a chalenge but I didn't think that we where gonna fail. She works from 2AM -2PM. her breakfast lunch and dinner are at different times then ours. They told he all kinds of reasons of why she wasn't losing the weight. Total waste trust me. If you want to lose weight eat right and join the gym.

FutureChief88
02-07-2008, 12:06 PM
If you are committed.. heatlhy eating and exercise will do the trick. I dont know about LA weight loss.. But i KNOW weight watchers works fantastic.. It is a lifestyle change.. and you have to be committed.

Good luck!

nbnewfie
02-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks everyone.. I think I will just continue doing what I am doing on my own. Eating Healthier and exercising. Sometimes you just want it to come off faster, but that is not the best way I guess.

dan j
02-07-2008, 01:21 PM
30 lbs from May til now is 3.33 lbs a month and it isn't extraordinary but it isn't bad by any means.

However, given the cost restrictions it may not seem like very good value for your money. That would be personal perception though.

sarahnb
02-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Dh went and lost 100 lbs between November and May. It's a lot of money to pay just to get weighed. The customer service has gone down.

dan j
02-07-2008, 01:57 PM
I think it works for some people because they like/need someone to aid/push/help/pressure/etc. them. Simply For Life is the same way. Other people can do just fine on their own. There is also the fact that a lot of people need the knowledge building as not everyone has the right knowledge about food.

Chinna Dah
02-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Well I have been loosing weight on my own since May 2007 and I am down 43 pounds. First i went to this website to find out how many calories I need to eat to loose weight..... FREE

http://www.dietitian.com/calcbody.php

Then I use this website to keep track of my calorie intake and also how much I burn, it is an on line food journal...FREE

www.fitday.com

I am lucky though as I have a treadmill at home and I walk 2 to 4 miles a day on it. plus I do 100 crunches and lots of stretching.

You have to put your mind to it...it is not easy, actually it is hard, but why pay thousands of dollars when you CAN do it yourself.

JulieHebert
02-09-2008, 08:17 PM
I totally agree that it is a lot of money to pay, however for those of us that need the extra support in order to loose the weight, I think it is worth it.

I just joined a month ago

Mandi
02-11-2008, 06:56 PM
good luck! :3

kiera
02-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Anouther free site online is www.sparkspeople.com (http://www.sparkspeople.com), its pretty neat you should check it out, has lots of recipes, a free calorie calculator, and a section where you can journal what you have eaten and the amount of exercise you have done for the day. There are also message boards and lots of challenges to motivate you.

k1
03-17-2008, 09:15 PM
i know someone who went there and the results were great.. its a little hard at first to figure out what to eat and how to portion your meals but once you get the hang of it it works great. losing 30 pounds i would say is pretty good considering you probally wouldnt of lost anything if you didnt go there. it teaches you how to eat properly and the right portion size. the people who fail are the weak minded people that fail at trying to quit anything example smokers. you have to have will power to do anything.