PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestions for software and laptop

rainbows
02-02-2008, 06:48 PM
1. I need Adobe Premiere. Where can I get that for editing? If possible for cheap..

2. I am looking to buy Laptop.What configuration is good for editing and which Brand. Any suggestions. Also let me know if I want to enhance for other editing software. Will it be good?

Thanks

BHLombardy
02-07-2008, 08:08 AM
IF you're going to do video editting, and use Adobe Premiere as your primary function, I would look no further than a Mac Book Pro (or some version of Mac notebook). Macs are not my normal recommendation, but if you are going for a laptop to do video editting, I know a Mac-book would beat a Windows laptop hands down in that department.

As for Adobe Premiere: Adobe Premiere comes in two flavours... Premiere Elements (current Version is 4) and Premiere Pro (current version is CS3). Elements is a cut-down version of Pro, but will do most things that most people want. It's also probably a bit more user-friendly. If you shop around, you can find elements for less than $100, whereas Pro will run you about $800. (these prices are about the same between Windows and Mac versions)

Also... If you go with the Mac platform, and you arent hellbent on Premiere, there apparently is a very good video editting suite by Apple called Final Cut. Similar to Premiere, it also comes in two flavours... Final Cut Express (current version 4) for about $200 and Final Cut Studio (which bundles Final Cut Pro 6) which is about $1200. -- Like the Adobe products, Express is the cut down version of Pro (but seemingly you cant just buy Pro6 without the Studio?)

From what I hear, these two rival the Adobe packages very very well, if not exceed them. But I have absolutely ZERO experience on a Mac, let alone with these programs.

Just offering my two cents.

joey.jeremiah
02-24-2008, 08:56 PM
ill also say macbook. The new ones run windows. I have a MacBook Pro 2.4ghz/ 4gb ram etc etc and it is the fastest PC i've ever run. it comes with video editing tools on the mac osx side too