PDA

View Full Version : Bumboo Recall

aimee
01-31-2008, 12:05 PM
These seats have benn recalled. Some stores are still selling them but them might be a newer version of the same chair.

nbnewfie
01-31-2008, 12:07 PM
No, they have been recalled to put a safety label on the box.. Call Toys R US and they can explain.

iluvmnm
01-31-2008, 01:17 PM
Didn't it have alot to do with irrisponsible people leaving their babies unattended in these things? I personally think they r a waste of money...a nursing pillow has the same effect lol

Mandi
01-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Didn't it have alot to do with irrisponsible people leaving their babies unattended in these things? I personally think they r a waste of money...a nursing pillow has the same effect lol
Yeah... I'd love to know what some of these people are thinking. 'Gee I think I'll put my child in this unsupported / unattached to anything chair on the counter and leave the room! '... wow. There is no fault in the product, (though I haven't used it.) It's just stupid people doing stupid things with their infants.

mattpage84
01-31-2008, 05:54 PM
the recall is strickly because of the tipping warning, an it is because of negligent parents, i know lots of ppl that have these and they havent had a problem yet, if you google a search for bumbo recall it explains the whole story

oasis
01-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Problem to the manufacturer, is neglectful parents who's kid gets hurt will sue and at least in the states, WIN! So they need to recall. Look at every day items that you have around your house with warning labels. They can be hilarious! Irons, Curling irons, now have labels that state "Item can get hot enough to burn and cause serious injury" An Iron gets hot? News to me!!

What about that jar of peanut butter that states may contain peanut or nut products. Contents may have come in contact with nuts. Imagine that peanut butter with peanuts in it!!!!