PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger - Dead

JustWatching
01-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Heath Ledger dead
by Entertainment staff

The Academy Award nominee was found dead in his home.

Story still developing....

A police spokesperson has confirmed that actor Heath Ledger, 28, was found dead in his New York home .

TMZ reports that Ledger was found in bed by his housekeeper. No details have been released as yet, but TMZ says that law enforcement sources are not treating it as a crime.

MSNBC is reporting that the actor was surrounded by pills and CNN is reporting that the actor suffered a cardiac arrest.

Ledger, who has a daughter with fellow actor Michelle Williams, was nominated for his role in 'Brokeback Mountain' and just wrapped filming on 'The Dark Knight' where he played The Joker to Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman.

puppyluv
01-22-2008, 06:45 PM
:( that is terrible!

weathers
01-22-2008, 07:05 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22788914/ (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22788914/)

Quite the shocker, he was only 28 years old! RIP

dianne_101
01-23-2008, 10:07 PM
another actor that overdosed on sleeping pills :) gj heath

FutureChief88
01-24-2008, 09:25 AM
There is no evidence that he overdosed on pills.. The autopsy was inconclusive..

dolphins#1
01-24-2008, 01:24 PM
thats right, but he stressed and alone and wife/girlfriend left so it was very very sad and so young..he wasn't a very popular or not sure the work but anyways he was not in a lot of movies but i really liked him in 10 things i hate about you...RIP Heath

wildberry
01-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Heath Ledger was very popular in Hollywood. He was even nominated for an Oscar a few years ago, for his work in Brokeback Mountain. His ex girlfriend, with whom he has a child, Michelle Willaims also stared in Brokeback Mountain.

puppyluv
01-24-2008, 05:38 PM
see, the media spills crap like saying he od'd etc when there isnt any proof yet...his medicine bottles were almost still full!

dianne_101
01-24-2008, 05:45 PM
well he was healthy and 28 so he didnt die of natural causes, think about it :)

puppyluv
01-24-2008, 06:21 PM
no, you think about it..believing all the gossip on the net. why dont you just wait and make up your own mind??????

Pumpkin
01-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Perezhilton.com

If you want better information keep yourself up to date via the free celeb gossip site. More info than the mags and updated through out the day. And if it's found not to be true, he will update that as well.

You want info on Heath, lots there!! I can't stay away from the site. I am addicted :P

puppyluv
01-24-2008, 06:36 PM
As an insomniac I can comiserate with some of the issues...but that being said, while the tests came back inconclusive, it doesnt mean he did not pass away from natural causes.

dianne_101
01-24-2008, 07:34 PM
cause i see 28 year olds dieing all the time of natural causes. actors can afford to eat healthy , personal trainers, and can afford to fix anything...
just like many actors before him, he od'd on drugs cause he had nothing better to do :)

either that or he didnt get the spot in the new batman movie so he suicided :o

MichelleM
01-24-2008, 07:40 PM
cause i see 28 year olds dieing all the time of natural causes. actors can afford to eat healthy , personal trainers, and can afford to fix anything...
just like many actors before him, he od'd on drugs cause he had nothing better to do :)

either that or he didnt get the spot in the new batman movie so he suicided :o

what are you talking about , He did get the spot in that movie. They already shot it.

dianne_101
01-24-2008, 07:46 PM
i honestly didnt even know he was in that movie :), point is he od'd cause he got bored :)

MichelleM
01-24-2008, 07:48 PM
He was the joker. I think there is more chance if he did od it had something to do with his daughter

dianne_101
01-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah definitely his daughter.. sad to see 2 former child actors go in 1 week...

dianne_101
01-24-2008, 07:52 PM
so sad

puppyluv
01-24-2008, 07:53 PM
good grief...

Mandi
01-24-2008, 07:59 PM
i guess the point that im trying to make is that who cares how he died? did anyone here know him in person? did anyone cry when he died? did he do something important for us? were his movies good? all the answers are no :) have a good day and get on with your lives. i know i wont lose any sleep over it.

I liked the Patriot. -shrug- It's always sad when a child loses their father. (My opinion anyway. ) Truth be told, I cry a lot when I watch the news and hear of people I don't know dying. I don't watch the news very often anymore. It's all so sad.:(

jennifer25ca2006
01-24-2008, 08:45 PM
i guess the point that im trying to make is that who cares how he died? did anyone here know him in person? did anyone cry when he died? did he do something important for us? were his movies good? all the answers are no :) have a good day and get on with your lives. i know i wont lose any sleep over it.

I work with someone who has been in morning all week because he died. I am sorry but really... get a life. He cried all day and could not stay at work. lol So funny.

T4
01-24-2008, 09:01 PM
I really liked Heath Ledgers work, it is sad that yet another young life has ended.

Who was the other young actor that passed away??

dianne_101
01-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Brad Renfro, he was in The Client when he was 10

http://usmagazine.com/actor_brad_renfro_dead_at_25

FutureChief88
01-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Dianne, you seem very inconsiderate of what this family is going through.. Poor little girl!~

Also.. Heath Ledger had pneumonia.. and in combination with Sleeping pills, god only knows what happened. I dont think its fair to judge someone as soon as they die because they used sleeping aids. The reason he used them was because the jokers character was so surreal, and twisted that he couldnt sleep at night. It was a hard role to play.
No i didnt know Him personally.. And he has never done anything for me.. But i feel for his family, and that little girl he left. It has been said he was a great father.. Its a sin that his child will have to live without him! I couldnt imagine it.

I guess it just bothers me because people are famous and die.. everyone thinks It MUST have been an overdose..

Clancy
01-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Dianne, you seem very inconsiderate of what this family is going through.. Poor little girl!~

Also.. Heath Ledger had pneumonia.. and in combination with Sleeping pills, god only knows what happened. I dont think its fair to judge someone as soon as they die because they used sleeping aids. The reason he used them was because the jokers character was so surreal, and twisted that he couldnt sleep at night. It was a hard role to play.
No i didnt know Him personally.. And he has never done anything for me.. But i feel for his family, and that little girl he left. It has been said he was a great father.. Its a sin that his child will have to live without him! I couldnt imagine it.

I guess it just bothers me because people are famous and die.. everyone thinks It MUST have been an overdose..

Well said chief, Dianne's remarks are very rude, and disrespectful. All human life is precious and you have no right making these comments regardless of the cause of death. I think her posts should be deleted. If this was a local story I bet they'd be taken down pretty quick because it is speculation.

trinity
01-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Hollywood is going crazy!! All these young and not so young actors getting caught drinking and driving, going to rehab, OD'ing either fatally or not, acting like nut cases in public.... where does it end??
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g284/miss_defy/ip014914.jpg

puppyluv
01-25-2008, 04:13 PM
If the remarks were regarding a local area, we would have removed her "remarks" but because Heath isn't local, we have left it here.

But tha being said, I also agree with FutureChief!

jenn527
01-25-2008, 07:57 PM

Who cares?!?! Did anyone cry when he died?!?! That is so rude to say.. his family cared, his friends cared.... he was loved by someone and I am sure all of those people have cried. I didn't cry, but it was upsetting and a BIG shock, he was only 28. I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when it comes to death, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all.

puppyluv
01-26-2008, 05:34 AM
Jenn, you are right. He was somebody's, son, somebody's father, somebody's cousin, somebody's friend. He wasn't a criminal, he deseves the respect of at least waiting to see why he passed away to see what happened.

Some people just seem to find hatefull gossip more fun.

jennifer25ca2006
01-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Jenn, you are right. He was somebody's, son, somebody's father, somebody's cousin, somebody's friend. He wasn't a criminal, he deseves the respect of at least waiting to see why he passed away to see what happened.

Some people just seem to find hatefull gossip more fun.

It is not the fack of gossip. It is the fact that he did not know him and he is crying over him. Come on. You do not know this person. I do feel for this family and friends but come on, really why are you crying over him.

puppyluv
01-26-2008, 11:39 AM
why do you even care about anothers reason? you may not have the compassion for anothers issues, but many do.
perhaps ehen you lose someone you care about to death, you will have a slightly more sentive issue towards things like this.

Mandi
01-26-2008, 12:13 PM
why do you even care about anothers reason? you may not have the compassion for anothers issues, but many do.
perhaps ehen you lose someone you care about to death, you will have a slightly more sentive issue towards things like this.

How do you know she already hasn't?
That's a pretty dangerous assumption.
And as for people mourning the loss of someone they don't know... It shouldn't bother people that others have more compassion. I think it's a rare and decent quality in people, and frankly I would like to see more of it. (not mourning in particular, but the general apathy people have towards one another [even with something so precious as a human life!] is disgusting.)

puppyluv
01-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Mandi, you are correct, one doesnt know, but one also can see little or no compassion.

inuit
01-26-2008, 01:40 PM
It's always sad to someone when someone dies so young (or old).Just because it's not sad to you dosen't mean it's not sad to someone else. Weather you knew him or not,try a little empathy.

jennifer25ca2006
01-26-2008, 01:57 PM
It's always sad to someone when someone dies so young (or old).Just because it's not sad to you dosen't mean it's not sad to someone else. Weather you knew him or not,try a little empathy.

Umm no. He was a movie star, young yes, but there is no reason to cry about it.

inuit
01-26-2008, 02:34 PM
I cried the day Elvis died. I didn't know him. Wouldn't have met him if he had lived. I cried because his music had been there all of my life and I felt like I was losing something important. He was too young .You don't mourn just the people you know personally.