PDA

View Full Version : Speedy Muffler- City Road- still open?

trinity
01-21-2008, 08:39 PM
I drove by tonight hoping to pull in and read their hours or see if they had a key drop box, but it almost looks like their parking lot has not been plowed in a while- are they gone? I called the number in the phone book but got no answer, no recording etc.
if they are gone, where in the city might have an after hours drop box for car keys? I would like to leave my car somewhere before work in the morning(have to be there at 7 am, not off til about 5), have them look at the muffler and call me with an estimate.

jennifer25ca2006
01-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Wonder on thorne ave. They do that.

trinity
01-21-2008, 09:43 PM
I should have specified anywhere but them.

AreWeThereYetMom
01-21-2008, 09:53 PM
I remember hearing something that their parent company went bankrupt or under bankruptcy protection.

I'd suggest trying Supreme up around the corner opposite Fundy Animal Hospital, they will do early drop offs.

Chinna Dah
01-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Speedy is closed temporarly as they could not find any mancanics to hire. when I had my old car I always took it there, and mom always takes hers there. We called thier head office and this is what we were told.

trinity
01-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Oh, I hope they open back up again! They always had the best price, could mostly do the work with no waiting, they seemed honest with me- twice they told me there was nothing wrong with my car when another shop had said there was, and once they did that computer scan for free because they could not find what the problem was. Then the time I really did need work, I got a quote from somewhere else for $360 + tax, they did it for 220 taxes in. Now I need work done again- re the thread on towing charges, ever since I hung up on that snowbank I thought I could smell exhaust but I thought it was just from extra idling to warm up the car, but yesterday the car started running really loudly.
Gosh, I should go back to school and become a mechanic- how long do you have to go to school for? 40 weeks? 2 years?