PDA

View Full Version : baby formula

smith
01-16-2007, 06:55 PM
i'm expected my first child just wondering about what type of formula would be best for a new born baby or what people suggest as i'm going to be a first time mom very soon and uncertain about a lot of things

SmilingJewel
01-16-2007, 07:08 PM
I used whatever they were using at the hospital at the time. With my first baby they used similac and second baby was enfilac. Don't worry yourself over it..just wait and see what they are using. Good luck and congratulations!

dittydottie
01-16-2007, 07:14 PM
My daughters prefer good start. Matter of fact when my grandson was born July he would spit up similac really bad in the hospital. Seeing they only were providing similac we went out and had to purchase the good start and take it to the hospital for him to have. I mean he did not only spit up a bit he would spew like a fountain everytime he ate.Also good start is cleaner on the clothes no stains. Similac and enfalac stains like crazy.

Good luck.

Mandi
01-16-2007, 07:16 PM
I would recomend good start. My child who was breastfed and had a formula supliment eventually when just nursing became too difficult(she grew her first teeth at 2 1/2 -3 months, ouch. ) had really bad gas on similac, and know from another thread that many others have had similar experiences. I also know a few people personally who have had some bad experiences with similac and gas, and after they switched they noticed a change. 3 days after switching to Good Start, my daughter had almost no gas, and was acting much like a strictly nursed baby again. :D Hope I was helpful in some way. Congratulations, and just try whatever works best for you. I have also heard wonderful things about the president's choice brand. Good luck!

Mandi
01-16-2007, 07:18 PM
My daughters prefer good start. Matter of fact when my grandson was born July he would spit up similac really bad in the hospital. Seeing they only were providing similac we went out and had to purchase the good start and take it to the hospital for him to have. I mean he did not only spit up a bit he would spew like a fountain everytime he ate.Also good start is cleaner on the clothes no stains. Similac and enfalac stains like crazy.

Good luck.
My little girl did that too until we switched her formula, it terrified me. I heard her vomit hit the floor when she was in her room, and I was in another room. Was not a good experience. She spit up a lot on Similac.

SmilingJewel
01-16-2007, 07:18 PM
hmmmmm wish I knew about good start when my kids were babies...the others DID stain something awful. Great advice!