PDA

View Full Version : gotta board what do i do with it?

mattpage84
01-16-2008, 07:02 AM
i have an asus mobo with the southset chip burnt on it, i actually got it from a seller on here like that it fired up once at there place with there cpu worked fine fired up once at my place with my cpu(which im using right now as i type) an lit up on me. my question is what do i do with it? i bought it last year and have already talked to the seller who basically said try to find a way to rma to asus, i havent been able to find away and im not paying outta my pocket, so the question i pose to everyone is am i just holding on to an 80 dollar paper weight or is there something i or someone else can do with it?

kaj27
01-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Dish out the goods or toss it I guess.

mattpage84
01-16-2008, 03:57 PM
thats pretty much what i thought thanks kaj

kaj27
01-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Well it just sounds like your hands are tied. I have a DFI SLI mobo that frys CPUs DFI won't reply to my calls or emails.

I think they are scared of fixing it?

mattpage84
01-16-2008, 06:02 PM
maybe if we melt em together an make some type of "working" mobo lol

chaisson9088
01-17-2008, 08:50 PM
asus will not rma anything unless its from a authorised asus dealer, i have a new board, less than 4 months old and the answer when i called them, unless it came from an autorised dealed no dice, i was luckey friend runs a computer shop so unless u know anyone good luck

mattpage84
01-18-2008, 01:45 AM
thats pretty much the response i got from them too, an the person i got the board from does deal with them i just dont know where they are havent seen em here for a while now

twister
03-07-2008, 08:53 PM
thats pretty much the response i got from them too, an the person i got the board from does deal with them i just dont know where they are havent seen em here for a while now

bought this case,psu,mb,cpu and I put 2x1gb of ram in it fried them i told the guy i only needed the case ,psu,why wouldn;t, he tell me the board was no good .cant trust everyone i guess your neighbour across the street