PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

*~BuDDy*~
01-16-2007, 12:29 PM
We bought a car from a used car dealer (won't name names) at the end of November, and have made two payments on the car. It has been in the shop once since then, ball joints or something, and now, the timing belt broke which is a major job and its in again, has been for almost 5 days now. We bought an extended warranty but its costing us a deductible, and we are stuck with no vehicle, no way to work,school, etc....does anyone know if there's anything that can be done about this?

Vix
01-16-2007, 03:05 PM
The Used Car dealer should be paying for a rental for you, or at least loaning you another used car, oh so it would seem the right thing to do...have you read all your agreement to see what they could do???

Rickster
01-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Yes,warrantys vary from Dealer to Dealer but at the very least they should come good for a replacement vehicle for you,"Deductable',well that's the first time I ever heard of that on a Warranty. - Rick.

*~BuDDy*~
01-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Yep I know, going on 7 days now without a replacement vehicle. He said " you get a rent a car and i'll pay you back"...ya right! I don't trust this guy as far as I can throw him!!! I wonder if any of you have had any dealings with him?? I can't name names but the company is on Egbert Street, off Thorne Ave just past Abrics. I don't know how people like this sleep at night really, taking advantage of people like this. This isnt the first he's done it either so i've heard, i've been doing some homework. They say now it's going to be end of next week before we get our car back!!!

tag
01-17-2007, 04:30 PM
get it in writing that he will pay you back, and if he doesn't, well I'm sure he will not want the bad publicity he will get when you are allowed to name names

*~BuDDy*~
01-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Oh he's going to get bad publicity alright, very soon. I work with ALOT of people and he's not going to like what I tell them.

horty
01-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Be careful what you say!!

cuddlekitten
01-24-2007, 10:36 AM
thanks for giving me a heads up. I was actually planning on buying a car from that place like this week. I definitely will not be buying one now. He called me last night and I told him that i was no longer interested. He was shocked. I told him that his current consumers were not satisfied with his service and that unless that changed i'm taking my business elsewhere.

*~BuDDy*~
01-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Good for you....i've heard more stories since my bad experience....and EVERY single car that has been sold from there, within days the check engine light comes on!!! Anyway thank goodness I bought a warranty.......my car was in pretty bad shape after only having it two months! Good luck in the car search.

Rickster
01-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Sounds to me buddy that any conversations you have with this 'character' should be recorded. See if you can borrow or purchase a small recorder and when you go back to him concerning the rent a car ,get him once more to say that he will cover the cost. Just something like,"I'm going to get that rental, your sure you gonna pay me back ?" or something similiar,then you got him by the gonads,lol. Seriously though,all conversations with person should be recorded or in front of a witness !! After asking around I found out that a couple of times that a car wouldn't even start on his lot and his lame excuse was "oh,it's been sitting awhile and the battery probably went dead, I'll look after that" so like I said,witness or recording ! I would still see a lawyer about getting the money back and returning the car. Be worth the fee in the long run if for no other reason than to teach him a lesson !!

T-Diddy
01-25-2007, 09:45 PM
recordings won't hold up.......get something in writing!