PDA

View Full Version : What is the first step?

mizunderstood
01-12-2008, 06:37 PM
I want to know what exactly my first step should be to have my ex FORCED to pay child support and allow him some visitation etc. What are the consequences of him not paying his child support? What if he quits his job BEFORE I can get the paper work started? Where do I start. I want to do the right thing for my kids, but I just don't know what to do. I do not want my kids to have unsupervised visits with him. (not that he probably would use his rights to see them)
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Also when we do a custody order (can we do an emergency one? how long does that take) Can I have it stated in there that he is NOT to leave the province with my kids?
Thanks.

angelaa
01-12-2008, 06:49 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">First thing Monday Morning call Family Court Services on Charlotte Street the number is 658-2400 they will be able to help you with everything concerning custody and Child Support. And Legal Aid will supply you with a Laywer depending on Your Income.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mizunderstood
01-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Thank you.
Another question....
On what grounds would you be granted an order of protection?

sanstu
01-13-2008, 09:09 AM
I don't believe you can obtain said order in the province of NB. Please contact Family Court Services on Monday.

PS. sorry you have so much going on right now. Hope everything works out OK for you!