PDA

View Full Version : i think i am being stalked

sassysomers
01-12-2008, 01:48 PM
so my boyfriend and i just moved in a few months ago and i think his ex is stalking us. we have been getting alot of hang up calls lately and we seem to bump into her quite a bit. am i being paranoid???

jennifer25ca2006
01-12-2008, 01:50 PM
She probably is Get the number changed. How long were they together? When did they break up?

je12122
01-12-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree with Jennifer... I would get your number changed to a non published number, it will cost you to change it, but it would be worth it.

Being stalked can be pretty scary. When I was a teenager I was stalked badly by someone that lived in PEI if you can believe that. He found out where I worked who my friends were and would call and ask where I was etc. I had to change our number to a non published number. Well about 5 years later I moved out and decided to have my number published again and within two months the guy found me and it all started again. That really freaked me out that he was still trying to find me 5 years later. It has and will be non published forever now.

I wish you the best of luck and hopefully it will end and she'll just move on.

mizunderstood
01-12-2008, 06:33 PM
DO you have call id on your phone? Does a number show up? CAn you do a call trace? Isn't there a way to record calls that the police can track them?

angelaa
01-12-2008, 06:59 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">For call Trace after the person hangs up, you hang up, pick the phone back up and press *57. This will trace the call. There is a $5.00 fee for one call or $10.00 per month. You can read about it on page 12 in the phone book.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mizunderstood
01-12-2008, 07:04 PM
does this apply to rogers phoen too or just aliant?

jg
01-12-2008, 07:10 PM
You are just wasting $10.00. It seems to be much
paperwork for our Citys Finest.I did a call trace in
October and again this month with no results from
the police!!Very discouraging. Good Luck!!

Mandi
01-12-2008, 07:21 PM

you have to do it more than once if they`re calling repeatedly. do it EVERY time... it does work. I know someone who got a peace bond using this as partial evidence.

jennifer25ca2006
01-12-2008, 07:42 PM

When you do a call trace you need to get into contact with the police yourself and tell them that is what you did.

sanstu
01-12-2008, 07:46 PM

I only used this feature once. Kids making an obscene phone call. I called the Rothesay Police and the young offenders were charged. I don't even recall paying anything for using the service!

sanstu
01-12-2008, 07:51 PM
so my boyfriend and i just moved in a few months ago and i think his ex is stalking us. we have been getting alot of hang up calls lately and we seem to bump into her quite a bit. am i being paranoid???

If it is your boyfriends' ex doing the stalking, don't you think he should should take charge and deal with the situation? Just a thought.

Mandi
01-12-2008, 08:29 PM
If it is your boyfriends' ex doing the stalking, don't you think he should should take charge and deal with the situation? Just a thought.
Yeah that always works!!!
:rolleyes: My best friend is / was in a similar position. His ex almost ran my best friend over when she was on the side walk... Some people are just selfish immature and unwilling to move on with their own lives and as such; are hellbent on ruining other peoples'.

jg
01-12-2008, 08:41 PM
I didn't just use the call trace once....7 hangups in less than an
hour . When I called the police and stated that I wanted charges
laid as the phone is in my name and isn't this harassment...I was
told by the officer that she obviously wasn't calling to talk to me
so that was why she was hanging up. So there was nothing to
charge her with!To put it bluntly.....he told me to put him out
and that I probably wouldn't get any more phone calls.
Needless to say ..... I am not too pleased !!!!!Sorry for the rant.

patbez
01-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Maybe it's just a coincidence you're seeing her around a lot?
This isn't the largest city...I see people I don't get along with
much more often than I'd like.

I think to say she is stalking is a bit much...being a pain in the
butt, maybe. I'd monitor the situation & see if anything else
strange involving her happens, but at this point I think it's a
waste of the police's time if you're getting some hang-ups you
can't prove is here & you've run into her a few times.

sassysomers
01-13-2008, 12:34 PM
thanks everyone...we've had our number changed. we'll see how things go. SO said he will speak to her if it continues.