PDA

View Full Version : Info on Lasik Eye Surgery

Mertyl01
01-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey, I am REALLY wanting to get Lasik eyes surgery after I have my baby in the summer. Does anyone know who does it or where you have to go? If you do, I would also like your personal feedback on that particular Dr. and your experience with them and the surgery as well. Also, does anyone know if Sthe Sunlife Insurance plan from Xerox covers it? The Lasik website said that alot of companies do cover it, but they didn't say which ones. ;) Thanks!

monoke
01-10-2008, 10:59 PM
I had it done, just one eye. Complete waste of $1500. The place was on Prince William St, forget the name. I do not think they are here anymore. Some people have had good success. I guess I was one of the unlucky ones..

sarahnb
01-10-2008, 11:53 PM
My brother had it done so he could follow his dream of being RCMP. 7 yrs later and he's still happy.
A friends dh had it done and was suppossed to go back for a touch up. he didn't and is now back to square one.

sharonw
01-15-2008, 03:13 PM
At the clinic in Moncton. I had the original consultation done at my own optomitrist in Saint John and she did my follow up appointments too. I went to Moncton to get measured for the surgery. I went back up a couple of weeks later and the whole procedure was less than 20 minutes. I got both eyes done. I can see great out of both eyes and would highly recommend to anybody. I could not get my medical plan to pay for it...but they will help you to get low interest financing if your credit is good. The best thing to do is to go to your optomotrist first to get a referral.

vairscove
01-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Hey, I am REALLY wanting to get Lasik eyes surgery after I have my baby in the summer. Does anyone know who does it or where you have to go? If you do, I would also like your personal feedback on that particular Dr. and your experience with them and the surgery as well. Also, does anyone know if Sthe Sunlife Insurance plan from Xerox covers it? The Lasik website said that alot of companies do cover it, but they didn't say which ones. ;) Thanks!
I know several people who had it done and all are very pleased so far. One has been done at least six years ago and the rest in the past three years.One as recent as last summer. All excellent results. Two done in Halifax the rest in Moncton. I say go for it. I so wish I could not told it would not work on my eye condition. I am so sick of glasses.Good luck!