PDA

View Full Version : city transit and simms corner

dale & barb
01-03-2008, 03:25 PM
i just watched a bus come through simms corner like it was a traffic circle and it actually caused an accident! i've seen the buses do this before and didn't agree with it then but now even more so, nobody was hurt, but that's not the point! it's funny how certain drivers think they have special privelidges over the rest of us.

dale

FutureChief88
01-03-2008, 03:39 PM
OMG dont even get me started on simms corner.. Its not so bad if you are coming from north.. and stay in the right hand lane.. But any other direction is scary..

I would like to have a chat with the person that designed that

jennifer25ca2006
01-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Did you saty and talk to the police. If you saw this happen you are leaving the scene of an accident. Cause you saw it.

puppyluv
01-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Besides the corner, I think the bus drivers need to either fight for easy time schedules...or go back to driving school. Many of them frighten me!!!

jennifer25ca2006
01-03-2008, 03:41 PM
OMG dont even get me started on simms corner.. Its not so bad if you are coming from north.. and stay in the right hand lane.. But any other direction is scary..

I would like to have a chat with the person that designed that

Well they tried lights there before and they did not work so they took them out.

Woofer
01-03-2008, 03:44 PM
i grew up on the west side and dont ever remember seeing lights there.

FutureChief88
01-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Either way.. The ROAD itself needs to be designed different.. It is absolutely disgraceful

dan j
01-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I've heard that they are redesigning the intersection. I doubt a new design will fix it though. The only thing that can be done is to reroute some of the roads taken. Maybe that is what they're going to do, I don't know.

Buses often assume that they have the right away in most situations. They pull out into lanes, make Simms Corner a round-a-bout, and speed at their discretion.

jenn527
01-03-2008, 04:14 PM
I've heard that they are redesigning the intersection. I doubt a new design will fix it though. The only thing that can be done is to reroute some of the roads taken. Maybe that is what they're going to do, I don't know.

Buses often assume that they have the right away in most situations. They pull out into lanes, make Simms Corner a round-a-bout, and speed at their discretion.

I totally agree with you about the buses often assuming they have the right away.. i have had buses pull out in front of me, and they act like they never saw me !! well maybe they didn't , but they still shouldn't have done it, lol

lizard_lover
01-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I HATE taking buses...they are scary drivers. I once did up a huge board, and tried first to disprove my theory. I took an example route, the times, and all the stop signs, lights, etc...along th e route. If they were to follow the speed limit exactly, and stop at all stop signs (and gave myself room for only one red light) then they would be 7 minutes behind...that is without stops, including the wheelchair stops...so I mean yeah, they are crappy driveres, but the routes, on the expected times, are impossible.

Chinna Dah
01-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Did you saty and talk to the police. If you saw this happen you are leaving the scene of an accident. Cause you saw it.

LOL... There is absolutely NO RULE stating that if you see an accident you have to stay and talk to the police. It would be considered a goodwill gesture if you did, that is all.

lovebug
01-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Did you stay and talk to the police. If you saw this happen you are leaving the scene of an accident. Cause you saw it.

I got into an accident right in front of somebody and they left didn't even check to see if we were okay after a jerk in the other lane hit us

It would be considered a good will gesture

oasis
01-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Coming to work a few weeks ago I was on the causeway, heading up town. I came to the lights and was making a turn onto Crown st, heading towards Broad. A bus ran the red light. I heard a loud bang and a popping sound. I had come to a stop by then. (thank god I saw him or I would have been in his path.) I looked and one of his rear tires was shredded, and thought serves him right.

After I got to work I turned on the radio, and there was a traffic report that there was an accident between a bus and a car at that corner. I did not see the other car at all. I did call the police and told them what I had seen, but they never got in touch with me. Probably because I did not see the accident.

rhiley_08j
01-04-2008, 08:38 AM
I totally agree with you about the buses often assuming they have the right away.. i have had buses pull out in front of me, and they act like they never saw me !! well maybe they didn't , but they still shouldn't have done it, lol

I know what you are all saying, and I have had many buses pull out in front of me as well, usually though because I stop to let them out. I know that they have a schedule to keep and it doesn't hurt me to stop a few seconds. However, many people do not feel the same as I do, and for that reason bus drivers have a hard time getting out into traffic, which means that they have to become more aggressive drivers. I am not saying that it is right, but if everyone was to give a little common courtesy to the bus drivers, things would run a lot more smoothly.

jenn527
01-04-2008, 02:32 PM
I know what you are all saying, and I have had many buses pull out in front of me as well, usually though because I stop to let them out. I know that they have a schedule to keep and it doesn't hurt me to stop a few seconds. However, many people do not feel the same as I do, and for that reason bus drivers have a hard time getting out into traffic, which means that they have to become more aggressive drivers. I am not saying that it is right, but if everyone was to give a little common courtesy to the bus drivers, things would run a lot more smoothly.

Oh I do, when they have their signal on and are ready to turn out.. but when they are sitting on the side of the street waiting for I dunno what, (just an example, the corner of Main St and Douglas Ave, that is pretty much right in front of a stop sign , sometimes you aren't sure what to do, and there isn't a lot of room when you have cars turning left and right onto Main..) and then all of a sudden pull out when you are passing them, because they have the "pullover" signal on, thats my problem :)