PDA

View Full Version : Good Fathers, its time to get the ball rolling.

wookiee
01-03-2008, 02:02 PM
About 3 months ago I posted a thing about starting up a support group for fathers. Now I know some people came on and said there is one in the city already. Well to be honest with you, there is a lack of support for fathers and there rights for the child. I am a father who is sick of mothers (not all mothers do this)who make there decisions off of there needs and wants and interest, not the childs best intrest. Also making up lies to try to make the father and sometimes mother look bad.
I am a father who is sick of the system as well, though it is better now a days then what it use to be when it pertains to custody battles, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I just have spoke with some fathers who don't see there children much or they lose there children for what ever reason. They are pefectly fit to take care or to be with there child.
This sickens me to my stomach that there are selfish parents like that...tsk tsk...." I can't stand to be away from her/him"..well neither can I and other fathers can't stand to be away form our kids.

If your a father who has gone through custody battles or are in one or you know another father who is going through a rough time, well help will be on the way for all of you.

If somebody out there reads this and has been involved starting up a support group, please send me a PM. I would like to speak with you.

Thanks.

PS. Too the fathers that have cause harm to there child or any kind of abuse, this support group wont be for you. Bad fathers wreck it for the good fathers who are fighting for there rights and the childs rights. Have a nice day!

rhiley_08j
01-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Good for you!!! I hope you suceed in all that you endeavour to do. I know there are few mothers out there that the only reason they don't give their children to their father is because of the financial loss. That in my opinion is wrong. Society is changing though and more and more men are winning the battle of custody. Good luck to all of you.

wookiee
01-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Good for you!!! I hope you suceed in all that you endeavour to do. I know there are few mothers out there that the only reason they don't give their children to their father is because of the financial loss. That in my opinion is wrong. Society is changing though and more and more men are winning the battle of custody. Good luck to all of you.

Thank you so much Riley!!
Your right on the financial support...I know a few like that. The problem is proving it! If you can prove to a judge that the mother is doing things this way because she wants all the the time and the child support, then thats a big plus for the co parent! Its not what you know, its what you can prove.

je12122
01-03-2008, 11:32 PM
So glad that you are going ahead with this. I am a woman, but I have known other woman who have done such horrible things to the father so that he can't have the same rights as her. I don't know how some can live with themselves for taking away that special bond a child has with their father, just because they aren't happy with something he did. That has nothing to do with the father and son. I have a son and I told my boyfriend that no matter what the future holds and no matter what he does he will always be able to see his son whenever he wants as he is an excellent father. And I will never change my mind, because I know my boyfriend loves our son and would never do anything to put him in harms way. Woman have to realize that it's hurting their children to take them away from their fathers. They are taking away time that they can never get back as they grow up so fast. I wish you the best of luck with your group and coming from a woman and a mother, I agree strongly with you!

shadoww
01-07-2008, 08:01 PM
My son is going through a messy break up with his gf, she is using the baby to control him. We are pushing him to get a lawyer now so that it isnt up to her when he sees the baby but the court.

I have 2 brother in laws that went through this about 10 years ago. One of them was rough, social workers and teachers agreed the children should be with their dad and the court still gave mom custody, 9 years later the boys live on their own after their mom moving them from home to home not to mention living with several men. I have told him he should contact the judge and let him know how his decision not to listen to the recommendations social workers or teachers affected theri lives! Its so sad.

I am a woman btw and believe men are treated poorly when it coems to their children

Good luck with your group!!

wookiee
01-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Thank you mothers! Very nice things you said and I hope what i said in my orginal post was not taken in anyway. It was directed at the selfish and greedy mothers.
Hey what if there is a father who can prove thatthe mother is only doing things for herself cause she be lonley or would miss the child if they were gone for 4 days or 5 days at a time (like sharred custody, not joint custody) with the other parent and is in it for the child support money. Would that not look bad on the mother? I know somebody who can prove that cause that what the 2 or 3 reason where....in black and white.
no sharred custody cause of the amount of time the father/co parenr would get and they wouldn't get Child support.

lovebug
01-08-2008, 09:10 PM
I wish you the best of luck on this i am not a mother and won't be for a long time as i am in school studying Child and Youth Care Worker but tonight we got a call from my finance's brother telling us that the child's mother is taking him to court for full custody i feel that she is being selfish the child is 3 and knows whats going on and is going to realize whats happening when Nanny and Daddy aren't there if ANY mother is going to take the child away from a father make sure it's a really good reason i have stuff on her that would help him out so much but i don't want to get involved.....he pays child support and sees the child on a weekly basis the only thing that has changed since she walked out on him is he stopped drugs got a good job and she met somebody with money

Now i look at my sister as well and i think she is mean for what she did the father of my niece tried to work things out between them and she stopped visitation he wants pics and he can't have them now my niece was young enough to not know the difference between him there and him not there

I know if and when i have a child i will never take him away from my fiancee if he's a good dad which I've seen him around other kids he's going to be awesome being a father is something special to man/women even more so the fathers that grew up without one in their life

:thumbsup:

commkathy
01-10-2008, 02:37 AM
I'm a mother of three and my children don't see their father at all. Sometimes I wish these woman could be put into a situation like mine for a little while, then they might appreciate the dads who want to be involved just a little bit more than they do now.

JulieHebert
01-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Congrat Wookiee
I hope your group works out ,I to am a mother and I think it is so sad because All the fighting between parents just affects the child. My sons father started out wanting to see him now he is to busy all the time ,So now my son is getting use to him not being around and doesn't want to even talk to him on the phone so people (mothers and fathers) need to think about the children before themselves and think how their decision will affect their kids in the future.