PDA

View Full Version : New years resolution

chevybeerman
12-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Tis that time of year where we ring in a new year and make our resolutions,whether they be lose weight ,learn something new ,spend more time with families.etc
Mine this year is to do more good deeds.Now im not talking the good deeds that expect payback.i'm talking just the oppisite.I mean things like helping and elderly person with thier groceries or across the street.or giving somebody thats stuck or broke down on the side of the road a hand.Or buying a hungry person a sandwich.You get my drift.So whats your new years resolution and how did last years make out?

fergiak
01-01-2008, 12:17 AM
I have not really been one to make resolutions, I feel that they are just setting a person up for failure-- and for all those who have suceeded in previous years, that is great for you-- good job. But, for me, failure is not a good things-- however.. I think it's about time I let a little of my perfectionism go-- and my judging of others ( internally, I do this)-- so, that is my resolution.

I alos like yours chevybeerman-- mind if I adopt your resolution as well.. I think it is a great one

jennifer25ca2006
01-01-2008, 12:47 AM
My resolution is to loose some weight. Gained alot over christmas and now need to loose some, well more then i gained cause i have been gaining a while, lol. Ill say about 70 pounds. I am gonna do it to. So wish me luck. Skinny me here I come.:)

Mandi
01-01-2008, 09:16 AM
My resolution is to loose some weight. Gained alot over christmas and now need to loose some, well more then i gained cause i have been gaining a while, lol. Ill say about 70 pounds. I am gonna do it to. So wish me luck. Skinny me here I come.:)
Hahaha! cute. 'Skinny me here I come.' I need to lose some weight, I want to look and psychically feel the way I mentally feel... (I don't feel fat... until I look in a mirror, then BAM) So this is my resolution as well... How do you plan on doing it Jennifer?

chevybeerman
01-01-2008, 09:33 AM
I alos like yours chevybeerman-- mind if I adopt your resolution as well.. I think it is a great one
the more the merrier.

I aslo want to spend more time with my family and lose a little weight hehehehe i think everybody has that one in mind

mommyd
01-01-2008, 10:00 AM
this may not seem like a new years resolution but i plan on doing project 365 (366 for this year ) where you take one picture every day for the year. I'm going to upload them to a blog as well as get them developed and put them in an album. I think it would be really neat to look back on. Different than if you wrote a blog (and it's difficult to have the time and energy to write about your day every single day). Also with the pics I'd be more apt to share them with someone else than a blog that may contain things i don't want to share.

here's more info on it if there's anyone else interested in doing it
http://photojojo.com/content/tutorials/project-365-take-a-photo-a-day/

If anyone is going to do it maybe we can exchange blog addresses and check out what each other is doing. Sometimes i find it easier to keep going with things if other ppl are going along with it as well.

Good luck to everyone and your new years resolutions! And happy new year!

lizard_lover
01-01-2008, 01:21 PM
lose weight as well....but I want to finally start my reptile breeding project...have 20 or more lizards, a snake, etc...just need to make sure I have the proper sexes to do the breeding...

rhiley_08j
01-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Tis that time of year where we ring in a new year and make our resolutions,whether they be lose weight ,learn something new ,spend more time with families.etc
Mine this year is to do more good deeds.Now im not talking the good deeds that expect payback.i'm talking just the oppisite.I mean things like helping and elderly person with thier groceries or across the street.or giving somebody thats stuck or broke down on the side of the road a hand.Or buying a hungry person a sandwich.You get my drift.So whats your new years resolution and how did last years make out?

http://www.helpothers.org/

Check this out. It's great what they do. I have even used the smile cards myself, hoping that maybe someday one will make it back to me. Best of luck.

jennifer25ca2006
01-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Hahaha! cute. 'Skinny me here I come.' I need to lose some weight, I want to look and psychically feel the way I mentally feel... (I don't feel fat... until I look in a mirror, then BAM) So this is my resolution as well... How do you plan on doing it Jennifer?

Well first I am going to eat small meals, Eat healthier, exercise with my gazelle. I think I will feel a lot better.

sarahnb
01-09-2008, 04:22 PM
My son has made a resolution to improve on his armpit farts. Lovely.

KRS
01-10-2008, 08:22 AM
My resolution was to not cut my hair for a long time. I lasted 8 days.