PDA

View Full Version : LF: A good read

coffeegal
12-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Recently I started reading once again after about 15 years of never picking up a book. Funny how after all this time, my taste in novels has changed, lol. I just finished reading My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult and the Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, both excellent books. I was wondering if anyone has read these, and my be able to suggest other similar books I may find interesting, thanks.

bonste
12-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Just by reading your topic I was going to suggest "the lovely bones" but I see you already read it. Great book. I hear it is turning into a movie, interesting to see how it will turn out.
Try reading "the kite runner" also just turning into a movie.
Pretty good book!

Crystalbeach
12-28-2007, 05:48 PM
The Kite Runner
The Red Tent
The Secret Life of Bees
anything by Dorothea Benton Frank
anything by Richard Russo
anything by Anita Shreve

melissaanne
12-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenberger ( may be wrong on her last name)This book is by far my favorite and way better than lovely bones IMO!
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
The 5 people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom ( all of his are actually really good)
White Oleander- I can't remember the womans name
If your looking for fun, easy reads I would recommend The Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. They are very light reads and very humerous!

Crystalbeach
12-31-2007, 01:13 PM
I just finished "A Thousand Spendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini (author of The Kite Runner) and it was awesome.