PDA

View Full Version : corel word perfect x3, asks for serial number

Annie55
12-28-2007, 08:44 AM
I received this corel from Future Shop when I purchased my lap top, when they wiped my hard drive I tried to reload it, and it asks for the serial number, there are numbers on the cd's, but they don't work, there is papers in the box, but they don't have a serial number either. Anyone know where it could be?
thanks
Annie

puppyluv
12-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Call future shop. they can tell you where to find it etc.
Also did you recieve any papers when you 1st bought the computer...may be there as well.

Annie55
12-28-2007, 06:50 PM
The same one told me that the serial number must be inside on a paper,
I have never even opened the box since I got it as it was already on my computer, and no one can find a serial number on it, there is a number on the disc's themselves but it does not accept that number..

paak
12-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Quickest way would be to uninstall it, then install with the CD & Serial you have.

Annie55
12-29-2007, 05:49 PM
When I got my lap top they had wiped it, there was only windows left on it, the serial numbers that are on the disc's, it will not accept..it was a pkg I got when I purchased the lap top from them originally

BHLombardy
12-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Annie55... call Corel and explain the scenario

You have original CDs and software, and printed license key. You are in every way and in every effort, a legitemate user. They will most likely offer you some means to resolve this.

I have had to call and get new CD Keys for software for which the printed keys will not work, and so long as you provide the proof they require that you have original CDs and materials, then they are usually willing to assist you.