PDA

View Full Version : Insurance.. Where to Go?

FutureChief88
12-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Ok.. So back in June .. I had an accident. Things happened that i am not going to get into but either way.. In December after other hopes had fallen through, I decided to contact my insurance company to ask about their Accident coverage. I called , got the info, and had my dentists sumbit pre-determinations to the company. They have approved the cost of the work, but i have one problem. I am pregnant and one of the dentists will not do the work until My baby is born and i am done breastfeeding.
So with my insurance company I have 12 months after the accident to get the work done.. My 12 month mark is June 10th.. My due date is June 29th.

I called my insurance company first to ask them what to do and they had me get the dentist to send them a letter saying why he wouldnt do the work, which i did.. So when i call them today to find out if they have applied an extension or whatever it is they have to do.. they inform me that i must contact my employer.. I have done that and they tell me to contact My insurance Company..
Anyone know someone i could call for help.

The problem is.. The work i have to have done.. I need about 6 months to get it done.. One of the processes takes 4 months of healing before anything else can be done.. So the cut off has to be Jan 10th at the latest. I feel like i am being discriminated against because i am pregnant. I mean its not that i dont want to get the work done.. I cant! They just keep putting off helping me (it seems).. and it is soon going to be too late.. No of course with X-mas coming.. Lots os Vacation will be had.. and it will be even longer..

Any suggestions?

Anything would be appreciated!

sarahnb
12-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Three kids and 6.5 yrs of breastfeeding. I've had surgery and a bad car accident. Most drugs you can safely take while breastfeeding. You can find out from your dentist, exactly what they would use. Either they can call or you can call http://www.motherisk.org/women/index.jsp Motherisk is the Canadian authority on drugs during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Anytime I've been in the hospital and a doctor says oh you can't take this, I let them know I have already called and give them the number. Give it a try.

FutureChief88
12-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Well i know that wont work.I have a note from my doctor saying its ok to get it done.. But his practice.. he wont do the work. I cant convince him any different.. Of course before i knew there was possible harm to the baby i said fine..but now getting the ok from Dr. Sanderson.. I would assume he knows best..
Its local anesthetic.. just for freezing.. Like any other dentist uses for freezing..

Eitherwya.. whether hell do it or not.. I should not be penalized for being pregnant.. Should I ?

Thanks tho SarahNB..

baseball 23
12-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Is the dental work as a result of the car accident? If so, don't worry about it. All you need is a denial from your private medical carrier and your auto insurance company will pay for the work. Your auto insurance will cover and medical expenses for up to 4 years, as long as it's accident related.

FutureChief88
12-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Its not from a car accident :)

sarahnb
12-21-2007, 07:18 PM
What about checking with different dentists. I could recommend a good practice.

FutureChief88
12-22-2007, 10:04 AM
no this is a periodontist.. And i ahve already had a pre-determination approved through my insurance company for him.. I would ahve to go through the whole process again. i dont know how many peridontists there are in the city? Do you know one?

mizunderstood
01-01-2008, 09:22 PM
I remeber your situation futurechef and I take it that the "place" is not being held responsible for the accident? I have experience with 2 of the periodontists here in town and both were great. There is one more that I have not dealt with. Have you called all 3? Saint john only has 3 licensed perio's. Try Dr. MacDonald his number is 649-5131 or try Dr Shannon the number is 634-1626. Both are fantastic and do amazing work. Do you need to have the teeth completly taken out and replaced? Hope that helps. I know how tough it can be finding drs to deal with you while your pregnant. Best of luck. Please let us know how you make out.

FutureChief88
01-02-2008, 07:35 AM
I remeber your situation futurechef and I take it that the "place" is not being held responsible for the accident? I have experience with 2 of the periodontists here in town and both were great. There is one more that I have not dealt with. Have you called all 3? Saint john only has 3 licensed perio's. Try Dr. MacDonald his number is 649-5131 or try Dr Shannon the number is 634-1626. Both are fantastic and do amazing work. Do you need to have the teeth completly taken out and replaced? Hope that helps. I know how tough it can be finding drs to deal with you while your pregnant. Best of luck. Please let us know how you make out.

No i have called them both..

Dr. Macdonald is who i got the pre-determination from. He seems great.. But it is absolutely rediculous to have to go through this.. My Doctor has said there is NO risk.. so he should do the work..

If i end up finding another doctor anyway, i wont have the time to get it done.. Cause i would have to have another predetermination sent from another doctor.. and they would have to approve that all over again.. which has taken months to begin with.. I only have about 6 months left.. and i need about 6 months for all the work to be complete.

Its just very frusterating..
I just recently found out that an extension can be applied.. but now i am in an argument with my insurance company, and my work as tho WHO it is that does this.. One always says it is the others responsibility.. It is just VERY frustrating

TaraTony
01-28-2008, 12:02 AM
If you can afford it, call a lawyer and get them to talk to the insurance company...I'm sure that will get things done for you. I think there is a lawyer for like $30/hr???...can't quite remember where but if you call a reg lawyer, they can probably help you.