PDA

View Full Version : Canada Post

sanstu
12-20-2007, 09:17 PM
I picked up my mail last night, the usual bills and a few Christmas cards from family. As I was opening the cards, I noticed one card was open, the flap part of the envelope was tucked into the envelope, in back of the card. The card, had been put into the envelope fold side down, by the sender. The pictures that had been sent were still in the card,(one 5x7, and 2 wallets) however the gift cards were gone!

Canada Post took a report that will be passed on to the security dept., however the gift cards are a loss.

So to anyone thinking of sending gift cards, via Canada Post, send them in a small box and insure the box or better yet, send them by courier.

Woofer
12-20-2007, 09:20 PM
i recieved a christmas card the other day it was torn in the centre on the back side and folded in, i think it was tampered with to, i'll have to ask the sender if anything was with the card,

kr73
12-20-2007, 09:21 PM
wow. I got a card today that was opened too. It's from a school that I do a lot of volunteer work with, nothing was in it but I'm not sure if there was supposed to be or not.

rhiley_08j
12-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Curious to know if all of you are using the same postal outlet? Where do you get your mail?

sanstu
12-20-2007, 10:26 PM
I live in Quispamsis, aprox.24 mailboxes at my mailbox site. My letter appeared to be steamed open, no rip or tear on envelope, which leads me to believe it was tampered with in the Saint John area. No way it came all the way from Ottawa without the pictures falling out!!!

kr73
12-20-2007, 10:26 PM
delivered to my home. West side.

rhiley_08j
12-20-2007, 10:52 PM
See just proves that just because they only hire those with a clean record, doesn't mean that they are honest, trustworthy people. To be tampering with someones tokens from a loved one at this time of year, for that matter any time of year is an absolute sin.

kr73
12-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Mine was partially torn (in the middle) so half of the envelope was open and the other half was still sealed. I'll feel like a dork asking the school if anything was in it - if there was they will feel bad that I didn't get it and if there wasn't I'll feel like I was expecting them to get me something. Lose-lose situation.

Woofer
12-21-2007, 07:29 AM
i'm on the east side and i had a piece torn out of the middle of my envelope almost like it was glued in the centre then torn open and tucked inside.

Mandi
12-21-2007, 08:18 AM
I'd rather get a torn package then none at all... I've been waiting on something for almost 2 months. :( (Insurance wasn't optional when I bought it :( ) It's really sad that people can steal from others... I wonder if they lose any sleep?

sanstu
12-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Mandi, did you contact Canada Post?

kaj27
12-21-2007, 08:55 AM
I'd rather get a torn package then none at all... I've been waiting on something for almost 2 months. :( (Insurance wasn't optional when I bought it :( ) It's really sad that people can steal from others... I wonder if they lose any sleep?

I'm waiting for something to come from the US. Ordered it on the 20th of November with Insurance. I contacted the sender and they assured me they sent it. Still nothing on my end.

Canada post says there is nothing they can do, I'll have to contact USPS. Great.

rhiley_08j
12-21-2007, 09:42 AM
It's pretty bad. Everyone should start sending their mail by courier. Believe it or not, it's not that expensive, you get it quicker, and less people handle your mail. I have to send a money order for a $1000 out west and I was going to drop it in the mail, but thanks to this thread I will now be sending it by courier.

sanstu
12-21-2007, 10:06 AM
It's pretty bad. Everyone should start sending their mail by courier. Believe it or not, it's not that expensive, you get it quicker, and less people handle your mail. I have to send a money order for a $1000 out west and I was going to drop it in the mail, but thanks to this thread I will now be sending it by courier.

My family has also learned an expensive lesson, to the tune of $400.00 in gift cards!!! Just didn't think the Christmas card would be opened and the contents stolen!

FutureChief88
12-21-2007, 10:45 AM
My family has also learned an expensive lesson, to the tune of $400.00 in gift cards!!! Just didn't think the Christmas card would be opened and the contents stolen!

I hate to play devils advocate.. But maybe the card wasnt sealed properly. Sometimes it happens if cheap envelopes are used.. I dont know.. I am sorry for you losing that gift tho.. Either way..

sanstu
12-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I hate to play devils advocate.. But maybe the card wasnt sealed properly. Sometimes it happens if cheap envelopes are used.. I dont know.. I am sorry for you losing that gift tho.. Either way..
Nope, card was sealed when sent from Ottawa.As I said earlier, the wallet pictures that were enclosed would have fallen out!!!(flap was folded into the envelope in back of card when I received the card.) Nope it was tampered with!

JulieHebert
12-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Wow it is pretty bad when people have to do stuff like this, It makes me loose all faith in people. It is bad enough to do it anytime of the year but some people could really use the gift cards that they are getting. Crazy how some people can be so dishonest especially at their job.

FutureChief88
12-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Nope, card was sealed when sent from Ottawa.As I said earlier, the wallet pictures that were enclosed would have fallen out!!!(flap was folded into the envolope when I received the card.) Nope it was tampered with!

No necessarily.. Most pictures will hold some sort of static electricity.. Girft card being plastic are heavier and more vulnerable to fall out. Maybe someone in a post office received it.. Noticed it was opened and tucked the flap in for you..
My Boyrfriend works for the post office off and on.. and they get open mail all the tim.. I guess it could ahve happened somewhere else.. as in another post office.. Either way it is sad if someone is stealing things..

Chinna Dah
12-23-2007, 07:58 AM
My mom sent a parcel to my sister in Manitoba on Dec 6, Dec 9 it arrived in Quebec, and has not left there since. We are tracking it. Funny though the one she sent to Alberta made it to her friend on Dec 10. And the package she sent to Michigan, got there on Dec 12.

icedragon
12-23-2007, 10:18 AM
I was a driver for Canada Post hauling bulk mail out of an (not going to name) sorting facility. A co-worker, also a driver was caught and fired for stealing mail. The letters, are put in a tote that clicks shut but does not lock. He was going throught them and picking out letters that looked like cards. Grandma sends her grandson a card with 20$ in it. Happens all the time. The only reason he got caught was because he was putting the card and envelope in the dumpster of a local business and they called canada post and told them to stop dumping their garbage there. But he got away with it for years. Should also note that most of Canada post bulk mail trucking is outsourced. Usually to courier companies.

Courier companies are sometimes a better choice but sometimes they are (from personal experience) quite rough with packages.

Crystalbeach
12-23-2007, 02:34 PM
I mailed a parcel to Hawaii a month ago..it's not there yet.

jennifer25ca2006
12-23-2007, 02:45 PM
I worked at the post office off and on and I know myself rigth off hand that alot of the mail when I got it was opened but I can recall one time I know that there was cash being sent cause it was hanging half way out of it. I immediatly took it to the supervisor and had her reaseal it. What she did was wrap it in something like saran wrap and I know that the person got there money that was in there cause I am the one that put it into their box. I do not understand why someone would steal from other people. Expecially from my own experience I know that when you deliever mail that a lot of ppl like to give you presents . Money incl. What is it that they need so bad? The money god they are getting paid really well. I know when I was there I was making the lowest there and even that was quite a bit. wow.

trinity
12-23-2007, 03:43 PM
I once received a credit card in the mail where the envelope appeared to have been steamed open-there were even brownish water stains on the envelope, and the contents badly repacked. I of course refused to "activate" the card and called the credit card company right away to have them send a new one.

lizard_lover
12-24-2007, 08:13 AM
I work at a certain dept. for microsoft and we send out hundreds of packages daily (windows xp, vista, office 2007) and I cannot count the ammount of people calling in 2, 3, and 4 months later wondering where their package is, and lately we have been getting complaints that their box has been opened, and their product key (the most important part of everything in the box) is missing.

lizard_lover
12-24-2007, 08:14 AM
now mind you that may not sound bad, but for it being worth 100$-500$, it is a pain in the behind, and we think it is purolator or DHL...

sanstu
12-24-2007, 08:56 AM
The gift cards that I receive each year I donate(my sister doesn't know this) She has always sent them in the mail.(I've never had this problem before!) I made a cash donation to the charity this year as I still felt it important that a less fortunate family be able to have a Christmas!