PDA

View Full Version : help My son won't keep his clothes on!!!!!!

margs
12-10-2007, 09:32 AM
:confused: I have a two yr old son and will not keep his clothes on no matter where we are or what were doing he has to be naked. I ll take any ideas as to what to do please. I havent gone to a store with him for over two weeks now because I am afraid it will happen.

StephRan
12-10-2007, 09:44 AM
My one year old son loves to take his diaper off at night time. At night time I put on his diaper, a pair of underware, and one-peice pajamas. Sometimes he does get the pj's off, along with his diaper..but its verrrry rare...unlike when he wears one peice pajamas.

margs
12-10-2007, 09:52 AM
ok lol great advice

rhiley_08j
12-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Maybe he's a nudist. LOL For some people that's a life choice. Maybe he's starting early.

girdy
12-10-2007, 10:03 AM
The denim overalls worked well for our son, it took a long time before he understood how to unbuckle them. Also, if you put a pullover sweater over top of the overalls, he won't be able to get to the fasteners.

Mandi
12-10-2007, 10:04 AM
My son's not even quite 7 months old yet, and I know that if he's not wearing a sleeper/clothing, he strips his diaper right off. My daughter went through that phase, then it was just at home, and now she wears clothing, it took a good 6 months though. She's so stubborn. Best of luck breaking him of it!

sarahnb
12-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Duct tape....
My sister used to take her pjs off and either rip the elastic off her rubber pants if she was wearing cloth or rip the disposables apart. Since she was the last of four kids, the feet were pretty worn on all her pjs so my mom cut them off and put them on backwards.
My two yr old is better at dressing herself than her 8yr old brother is and she loves to wear his tshirts. She's constantly changing her clothes. the other day i realized that if she's going to be changing outfits, she might as well be playing with her dressup clothes that i had tucked away.
She's also on the verge of potty training..just waiting for the holidays to be over with. But she's quick to strip a diaper off.

dan j
12-10-2007, 03:44 PM
First off, I can understand his motivation. Clothes truly due suck and I wish I could go close to nude as much as possible. The thing about a two year old compared to me is that I understand social situations and what is and isn't appropriate more than he does (let us hope). That said, I have two suggestions that you should work on at the same time. One, start to teach him that it is OK to be nude but that it isn't appropriate behaviour in most places and that he has to respect others. Second, work on finding out which clothes he is most comfortable in as his motivation (like mine) is to get out of clothes as soon as possible to get more comfortable. Some people "run hot" or have sensative skin and the feeling of clothes always on can drive them nuts.

beaner
12-10-2007, 04:43 PM
superglue! LOL

beaner
12-10-2007, 04:43 PM
jj

trinity
12-10-2007, 09:21 PM
It is a phase at that age, I used to babysit a 2 yr old and his 8 month old brother, if I took my eyes off Matthew to change Adam's diaper, I would find him naked in the back yard in under a minute, clothes strewed down the steps. I spent so much time chasing him with a shirt in my hand!

puppyluv
12-11-2007, 05:22 AM
I think dan J gave some pretty sage advice....

christine chittick
12-11-2007, 07:35 AM
I agree with Dan J, however in the mean time, use Girdy's advice LOL!

margs
12-11-2007, 09:44 AM
well thank you all for your sugestions on everything I will mostly likely try them all lol and see what one works other than the super glue no offense lo9l

NoMaz
12-11-2007, 06:39 PM
funny thread. my daughter would never keep her clothes on for years. she just hated anything on her body ( mainly at night ). Me? I can't wear gloves because of the restriction of my fingers, it dives me crazy, so maybe there's something to that, I don't know. whatever, just let him/her be. it'll change, trust me.

Nerepisboy
12-11-2007, 07:11 PM
My son went through that phase too when he was young, he is now 19. If your son wants to run around naked at home, let him, it feels good, you should try it. Of course, it may be a bit embarrassing for you when you have company over, lol. Good luck !!

momof2sweethearts
12-12-2007, 09:23 AM
I actually have the same problem with my youngest. She only does it at home though so I think she knows even at her age where its appropriate and where its not. I really stressed over it chasing her around with clothes I found strewn all over the house from her especially now thats its winter I was afraid she would freeze, but than I realized that if she was cold she wouldn't be taking her clothes off. So now I don't worry about it but if she was doing this in public the thread about the overalls with the sweater over it sounds to me like a great idea. If she does start doing this in public I'll keep that in mind.

redbridgelane
12-12-2007, 04:37 PM
let him run out in the snow for 1 min...it will probably cure him ...... ;)