PDA

View Full Version : I am just beside myself right now...

jdcb
12-05-2006, 11:26 AM
I got home like 10 minutes ago. My wife and I just came from the doctors and i heard my babys' heart beating for the first time. (insert my watering eyes here)..

care78
12-05-2006, 11:29 AM
isnt it an awesome feeling knowing that a real little human is inside a woman's stomache! i am a mother of two and i still havent quite found the proper words to describe the overwhelming love and feelings of emotion of both being pregnant and giving birth.... somehow i just dont think "awesome" says enough! LOL congrats to you and your wife and best of luck!
Merry Xmas to you both!

irighti
12-05-2006, 12:26 PM
congrats to you both,a most wonderful feeling...have a very Merry Christmas and we know you will have a Happy New Year!!!

moniblue
12-05-2006, 02:07 PM
It is an amazing feeling isn't it? This is just one of many wonderful experiences you are going to encounter on this journey. My daughter is now 7 months old and each day I'm reminded of what a miracle life is. Looking at her now and watching her grow I can't believe she fit inside me at one time!

Mandi
12-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Just wait for the Ultrasound!

dittydottie
12-05-2006, 08:25 PM
I am a grandmother of 3 and one on the way and man it is so different again when you see an ultrsound done on your own baby's baby. Everything looks so clear now .You really are in for a big treat when you not only hear that beating of the heart but also see toes,fingers,head,spine etc. Maybe you will get lucky enough to figure out what the sex is.
Best of luck to you both and I hope all goes well with the rest of the pregnancy.Remember the best is yet to come!!!

jdcb
12-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Maybe you will get lucky enough to figure out what the sex is.

We're thinking that we don't want to know, and have it be a surprise for the big day...

Corinne
12-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Congrats to you both, it is a tremendous feeling...I totally recommend leaving the sex as a surprise... I did and it was so awesome hearing them yell it's a girl.
( I totally thought I was having a boy my entire pregnancy) So I was completely taken away that I had a baby girl. It gave something really special to the delivery...like a big reward for working so hard.... Mind you, I almost gave in at every ultrasound appointment and asked what the sex was, but I managed to stick to my first decision and not find out.

Rickster
12-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Wait till your right there when the little bugger decides to pop out for the first time...there's nothing like it !!! I was right there for both of my son's and I'll tell ya that the second is just as thrilling as the first. In fact ..We all laughed when my first popped his head out and then dissapeared again..and someone suggested maybe He didn't like what He seen...LOL,lol. YEA, Stay CLOSE,you'll never regret it !!!!! - Rick.

MrsBeasley
12-06-2006, 05:44 AM
[QUOTE=Corinne;1164]Congrats to you both, it is a tremendous feeling...I totally recommend leaving the sex as a surprise... I did and it was so awesome hearing them yell it's a girl.
QUOTE]

Lucky you! The first words I heard is "oh, he's peeing!!!" Kinda takes the WOW factor out of it.

moniblue
12-06-2006, 07:04 AM
We're thinking that we don't want to know, and have it be a surprise for the big day...

We didn't know the sex of the baby and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Everyone kept telling me it would be a boy but I felt like it was going to be a girl. I shared this with the nurse at the time of the delivery and when my daughter was born the first thing the nurse said was..."you were right mom, it's a girl!"

angeliiiss
12-06-2006, 11:41 PM
congrats...just wait until you hear the lungs.... lol just kidding...a lifetime of joy ahead of you

devils_advocat1
12-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Congrats, and good luck lol, merry xmas to the 3 of you