PDA

View Full Version : burning a disc (photos)

puppyluv
11-27-2007, 04:53 AM
using a Hp laptop with vista trying to burn a photo cd..It cant complete the job. 6 hours & it didnt do it it just froze up. tried again this morning 8 at a time...the way it is going I will be here all day trying to get it to work.

advise?

Woofer
11-27-2007, 08:31 AM
sorry wish i could help, i dont know anything about vista

Freudian
11-27-2007, 12:38 PM
I know this sounds insensitive, but format the hard drive and install Windows XP SP2.

Please tell us what program you are using to burn this photo cd.

I normally use Nero 6 or 7 to burn discs.

Let us know more details and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Andrew

Zoitsa
11-27-2007, 01:46 PM
I have a hp laptop with vista.. What program are you using. I should not take 6 hours to burn a photo cd?? more like 10 minutes...

kaj27
11-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Man I hate it when people say "Oh just downgrade to XP". What to jump on the bandwagon.

The quickest way to burn a CD with your photos on it is: Go into the folder with your pictures.....select all the pictures you want to copy right click on any picture.....choose send to....then cdr/w drive. Insert a blank disc and done.

puppyluv
11-27-2007, 05:49 PM
hi all and thks for the imput. i did that kaj and that is when it was giving me the horrid time.

anyways, i have nero now and i am sure next time i need to burn photos it will work like a charm..( I used to use nero when I had xp)

kaj27
11-27-2007, 08:15 PM
My next suggestion was to use Nero. I think version 8 just came out.

Freudian
11-28-2007, 06:00 AM
Glad to hear you're able to burn CDs now. I tried to use Vista's built-in burning scheme but it just wasn't worth the time and effort to mess around and I'm pretty sure I remember wait around for way too long for it to pretend to burn a disc and gave up.

Cheers.