PDA

View Full Version : SJ's new 24-hour gym-- pricing, anyone?

NikkiT
11-25-2007, 09:43 AM
I just found out about this today when someone mentioned it on Facebook, and they are closed (haha-- I mean, there aren't any employee tenants) on Sundays, so I was wondering if anyone has any word on pricing?

I understand it's a new concept, and they are open on a TRIAL basis, so I'm also wondering about the terms of membership. I'm locked into a contract at Nubody's and would be purchasing the second membership just for the convenient hours (i.e., 3am!), so I'd be uber-upset if they decided on more traditional hours two months down the road.

Also, I don't mean to sound paranoid, but what is the crime rate like at places like these? I know you'd need a swipe card to access (according to the Telegraph Journal article), but being alone in a place like that with some drunk jerk or whatnot would be a bad, bad situation. :(

The TJ article: http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/city/article/132148

If anyone has any info, please PM me!

NikkiT
11-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Also, my stepdad just made another point-- what if you were hurt when you were there alone?
I bet you have to sign a HUGE waiver before joining...

mspencer
02-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Hi I signed up for Spartan gym a month and a half ago.
I highly recommend them for anyone who is tired of busy gyms.
Everytime I have gone in there ... its been less then three other people.

The convienece of having hourly/daily/monthly/yearly access regardless of time/day/holiday is exceptional.

Everything in the gym is something the company sells ...which means they can service it right away. Forget about waiting around for things to get fixed with those stupid "Out of Order Signs".

For people who are concerned about weights and stuff... they have dumbbells in pair up to 65lbs MAX. for safety issues. Muscleheads might be discouraged because they do not have free weights or barbells or anything like that. They have an amazing curcuit machine that targets just about everything with the centre piece being a fully adjustable cable cross over machine.

If you are concerned about your limits... they have a personal trainer who knows all the machines and can recommend exercises for you to try out and demonstrate for you.

Spartan gym offers me everything I've ever wanted in a gym.
Exceptional cleanliness, fantastic machines, incredible service.

mspencer
02-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Price wise ... if you sign up for the annual ... which allows for PAP's
you're looking at 35.00 plus tax.

6 months is 240.00
3.00 is 150.00 (?)

k1
04-08-2008, 06:57 PM
is this place still open