PDA

View Full Version : What financial Institution are you with?

puppyluv
11-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Just curious to see who is with what..and why..

kaj27
11-17-2007, 08:07 PM
RBC

They treated me well. My previous bank, TD, wouldn't give me a student load. RBC would. I had no previous dealings with them and they set me up for life. I now have 2 accounts 2 lines of credit and a visa through them. Most of the people there know me by first name. Great place RBC!

Chinna Dah
11-17-2007, 09:36 PM
I love PC banking I pay absolutely ZERO fees. After paying 40 to 50 bucks a month in fees to royal bank, I sent them a nasty letter, and pulled all my business from them, I have been with PC for oh must be 6 or 7 years now.

kaj27
11-17-2007, 09:56 PM
I love PC banking I pay absolutely ZERO fees. After paying 40 to 50 bucks a month in fees to royal bank, I sent them a nasty letter, and pulled all my business from them, I have been with PC for oh must be 6 or 7 years now.

Youch, I pay $3.95 a month for everything.

trinity
11-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Bayview Credit Union- I also have Scotiabank, but only til my student loan is paid, then they can kiss it. (seems too much trouble to switch the billing with only a few years left). For SB, for me, it isn't about the fees, it's about something else entirely that I feel they outright lied. I was looking to start a business and when they were loaning me the money they were all happy and glad handing, saying "if you get into trouble, think you might not be able to make a payment, come and see us, we'll work something out, we don't want to own a store...". Then about a year later we did run into some financial difficulties, winter sales slump, and I went to see them about just paying the interest for a while, and they said "nope, can't help you out, your options are to pay it or else ." I'll never trust them again for anything.

Chinna Dah
11-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Youch, I pay $3.95 a month for everything.

I still got ya beat. RB SUCKS! ( yes I still have hate for them lol)

puppyluv
11-18-2007, 09:08 AM
This is interesting, seeing how many use what and why. I currently use 2 differen banks..The latest tone I switched my mortgage too in March, I will be leaving them as soon as my 5 years are up..From the get go they have been horrid and messing things up. While the one I had before isnt the best, i can put money in and remove it immediatley (no wait time), online banking, have had temporary increases in atm purchase amounts etc...

It almost seems the devil you know vs the devil you don't?
I am almost thingking that the one bank that was ok was cibc way back when...

kaj27
11-18-2007, 12:35 PM
I still got ya beat. RB SUCKS! ( yes I still have hate for them lol)

I was referring to the fact that you over paid from RBC. I find them very good.

AreWeThereYetMom
11-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Have used SB and PC in the past and had many issues, but I vote for Bayview.
They have been the best for my needs in the last 4 years and offer all around #1 service.

Recently opened RBC accounts for the kids and they were great for that service.

coffeegal
11-18-2007, 03:10 PM
I have dealt with the Royal since I started to work, which wasn't yesterday, lol. My ex husband filed for bankruptcy right after we split and left me with all expenses, including our car payment, and I don't even drive. Anyways, the girl I deal with at my branch went out of her way to help me any way she could. She worked wonders for me, and didn't give up until things got settled, and Im talking about 3 years later. Everything is back on track now, my credit is in great shape once again, and I feel I owe everything to her. The customer service I received was A++++++, guess that is why I have been there so long.

mizunderstood
11-18-2007, 06:23 PM
I have a bunch of different accounts..lol
My Main account is at the PC. It is amazing. Everything is FREE. Even online bill pay ( I do a lot of them a month)
My other account is at CIBC. I used to spend 30+ a month on banking fees every month. It was nuts. I had the 12.95 a month plan that was "unlimited" except that it has limits.. lol.. Go figure...So now I only use them to cash a paycheck(since pc holds money for 5-7 days)
I also have a royal account (joint checkings) with hubby, and 2 savings accounts for the kids.

Chinna Dah
11-19-2007, 07:53 AM
My other account is at CIBC. I used to spend 30+ a month on banking fees every month. It was nuts. I had the 12.95 a month plan that was "unlimited" except that it has limits.. lol.. Go figure...So now I only use them to cash a paycheck(since pc holds money for 5-7 days)

Call pc and they will review your credit, and take the hold off. I can access 1000.00 right away if I deposit a check, which is not very often as I have direct deposit at work.

tred816
11-19-2007, 02:40 PM
TD has been great for me. I love the fact that they're open after hours. It makes a huge difference when the bank is open after you're done work.
My only complaint is that there aren't enough machines throughout the city.
They really should put more around so we can chose to use their machines rather than be stuck paying service charges because we have to use RB or SB etc...
For the rare times I need to get cash, it's worth it to stick with them though.

Crystalbeach
11-21-2007, 08:30 AM
A bit surprised that Credit Unions weren't included.

FutureChief88
11-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Scotia.. but i hate them..tooMuch of a pain in the but to transfer to anyone else.. My BF has RBC.. and he loves them.. after dealing with BMO