PDA

View Full Version : anyone know of a place where you can cut down your own christmas tree

mygirls27
11-08-2007, 09:28 AM
This might be a silly question. But this is going to be our first year with a real Christmas tree so I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where you can pick what you want and cut it down yourself?

butterflyprincess
11-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi, there is a place five minutes past Kredle's (turn left and do down the picwauket, it's on the Rogers Road) in Hampton. I went there last year and it was great, they provide you with the saw, a huge woodlot to good looking trees to pick from, various prices, but my sons favorite part was there is a cottage in the middle of the wood lot that serves you homemade cookies and hot apple cider. It makes a really nice day and Christmas memory.

redbridgelane
11-22-2007, 07:46 PM
If u live west go through Grand Bay to the flashing lights. Turn right and go about 10 miles ...the name escapes me but its on the left, long driveway, and they sell great trees and other x-mas things!!

MrsBeasley
11-22-2007, 07:53 PM
There's one on Kingston Peninsula near the Kingston Store. Turn right from the ferry and go straight until you reach the 4 corners with the church, MacDonald Consolidated School and the store, turn right then take an immediate right onto the dirt road going up the hill all the way to the end (not far).

a.b.and.her.two
11-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi, there is a place five minutes past Kredle's (turn left and do down the picwauket, it's on the Rogers Road) in Hampton. I went there last year and it was great, they provide you with the saw, a huge woodlot to good looking trees to pick from, various prices, but my sons favorite part was there is a cottage in the middle of the wood lot that serves you homemade cookies and hot apple cider. It makes a really nice day and Christmas memory.

That is where we go every year it is called Frosty Hollow :)

angelaa
11-24-2007, 04:21 PM
I think it maybe open already because I passed it last week and all the Signs were Posted.

Oolong
11-26-2007, 07:45 PM
You'll need an axe, a starless night, and a drive to the nearest wooded crown land.

Oh, and a good explanation if the coppers show up! :D

Neeshka
12-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Does anyone have any idea how much they charge for a 7 foot tree?

montana
12-13-2007, 04:29 PM
$30 - doesn't matter how big or small.

beaner
12-13-2007, 04:37 PM
in the forest

Neeshka
12-13-2007, 05:01 PM
$30 - doesn't matter how big or small.

That's a good price! Do you know if this would be at all the U-Pick Tree places or is it at certain place. Planning on getting mine this weekend... would love to go and pick one out of the lot. :)

Laura
12-13-2007, 06:33 PM
We get our's every year from Wilson's Tree Farm. You keep driving past Kredle's and you'll see a street called Guthrie Road. It is on that road...drive about 5 minutes and there is a little red shack on the left hand side. They supply the saw and have hot chocolate, plus a few different lots to choose from.
The price is $25 no matter what the size. We've had trees up to 10 feet tall...always nice and full. My kids love going "tree hunting" every year.

Neeshka
12-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks laura... That's where I'm gonna go! I appreciate the help! :)