PDA

View Full Version : Irving Call Center

Freyja
11-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Can someone tell me more about the nature of work, hrs, pay and work environment at the irving call center? from the job description, sounds kinda boring but ive heard good things about the place on this forum and elsewhere. thks in advance for any info.

MissMem
11-08-2007, 11:41 AM
I started working there 3 months ago and I find its better than some of the other call center experiences I have. I'm only part time there as they accomodated my school schedule but they have 2 different full time options: 4 on, 4 off twelve hour shifts and monday-friday. Basically I think your options come down to what they're looking for for each shift when they're hiring but they do do shift bits so that people have the opportunity to get something different if they wish. The teams are pretty good and its not really monotonous since there are a lot of different aspects of the job and you build a rapport with some of your customers, so your just not some random voice on the other end of the telephone. When I had training in August, it was 5 weeks...4 in the classroom and buddy-jacking, and then a week on the phones in a classroom supervised by 4 or 5 coaches to help you if you needed it. Each team has a leader and a coach and you get development sessions, which I thought would be dumb, but they're quite helpful. There's not really a whole lot of selling, unless you want to be on the Sales team and there seems to be quite a lot of opportunity to move up or around if thats what you're looking for. Thats just my experience so far, but hope it helps out a bit.

Freyja
11-08-2007, 01:27 PM
I started working there 3 months ago and I find its better than some of the other call center experiences I have. I'm only part time there as they accomodated my school schedule but they have 2 different full time options: 4 on, 4 off twelve hour shifts and monday-friday. Basically I think your options come down to what they're looking for for each shift when they're hiring but they do do shift bits so that people have the opportunity to get something different if they wish. The teams are pretty good and its not really monotonous since there are a lot of different aspects of the job and you build a rapport with some of your customers, so your just not some random voice on the other end of the telephone. When I had training in August, it was 5 weeks...4 in the classroom and buddy-jacking, and then a week on the phones in a classroom supervised by 4 or 5 coaches to help you if you needed it. Each team has a leader and a coach and you get development sessions, which I thought would be dumb, but they're quite helpful. There's not really a whole lot of selling, unless you want to be on the Sales team and there seems to be quite a lot of opportunity to move up or around if thats what you're looking for. Thats just my experience so far, but hope it helps out a bit.

yeah thks for all the info really helpful. i like the long training thats always a plus and building a rapport would be great. mon-fri and lots of opportunities to move up/around also awesome

Bluepowder30
11-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Well I am finished 2 weeks of training at Irving so far and I think it's going to be a pretty demanding job, no boredom here for sure. Every call is different and it is more involved than you think. Shifts are good too, we are picking ours tomorrow and there is nothing later than 7pm Mon-Fri. Weekends off? Woohoo! I have a good feeling that there is definitely room for advancement in the company and I cannot complain about the pay for sure. Good luck!

Freyja
11-09-2007, 01:59 PM
sounds good. i had a call from wyndham today altho the hrs and pay arent as good as irving i will see how that goes altho i am not hired yet haha now i just dont know what to do i guess i could still apply to irving and see what happens (should've applied the same day as wyndham how stupid lol :/)