PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering, did anyone else have no internet this morning?

trinity
11-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Got home from work at 7 and had no internet access. I messed around with it awhile checking cables, restarting, checking network settings, restarting the modem, trying the "repair" button etc- nada. Just no connection. I immediately checked my TV- yep, had cable. Checked HomePhone-yep, phone service. I called Rogers about 8:20 and was on hold for 29 minutes, which is a lot longer than I have ever had to wait before, so they must have been experiencing a problem? I was falling asleep holding the phone so I gave up and went to bed. I woke up at 4 and all is back to normal, no input from me.

The_Dave
11-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Noticed mine was out also when I went to check my hockeypools. Is that what you were doing? haha. I went out though and when I came back home at approx. 11:30 am, all was well.

T-Diddy
11-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Mine was down this morning aswell........Thats got to be the worst feeling in the world!

The_Dave
11-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Mine was down this morning aswell........Thats got to be the worst feeling in the world!

OMG yes, no contact with the outside world at all. Now I know how they felt way back when there was no internet. How did they survive???

Proud Auntie
11-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Tried to log on about 7:30 this morning and no internet. Was back up and running when my daughter come home around 4 though. :))

shadoww
11-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Ours went out during the night, I called Rogers at 7:30 waited for 25 minutes on hold then talked a a guy for another 20 minutes until he told me there was a large outage in New Brunswick and it would be back on shortly. It came back at 11:30.

puppyluv
11-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Mine was on at 4am..(gotta love insomnia) but went down just before 6am. (Rogers)

sarahnb
11-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Mine was fine.

mizunderstood
11-06-2007, 05:42 PM
mine went out and stayed out till around 2pm

stingray
11-06-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm on Aliant and the only problem I had was Explorer and Mozilla both not being able to find isaintjohn. This happens to me for at least one day every week. Today happened to be a good day, I actually got on before the entire day was over.

Woofer
11-06-2007, 06:13 PM
we had internet but no ISJ, it was down for us all morning

trinity
11-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Good, that means it wasn't anything wrong with my computer or anything roomie or I did, just network issues in general. I thought "great, another $45 to get it fixed", just when I needed my computer most as I was waiting for some replies to something.

***yeah i know, could I vague that up for ya ***

angelaa
11-06-2007, 08:41 PM
I feel alot better now, my kids blamed me by saying I pressed the buttons too many times and froze the computer. lol<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mommyd
11-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I don't understand why every one feels the need to call and sit on the phone for a half hour or more when you know all they're going to say is there is an outage. Obviously if you are waiting so long it's because lots of other people are also calling.. so you know it's not just your internet. When this happens, i go do something else and eventually it comes back. No biggie. lol

The_Dave
11-07-2007, 03:36 PM
I don't understand why every one feels the need to call and sit on the phone for a half hour or more when you know all they're going to say is there is an outage. Obviously if you are waiting so long it's because lots of other people are also calling.. so you know it's not just your internet. When this happens, i go do something else and eventually it comes back. No biggie. lol

A lot of us get satisfaction from waiting on hold for 30 minutes or so when we call and are told the internet is down and will be back up as soon as possible. It kind of makes everything right to be in "the know". haha

shadoww
11-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Everytime I have called Rogers for anything there has been a long wait, that is the norm for them. I waited for a tech support as I thought perhaps the problem might be with my modem and maybe they could help me fix it.

Silly me I guess.

FutureChief88
11-08-2007, 11:37 AM
yes silly you.. for wondering about the services you pay for.. LOL

Mine was fine this morning.. I wonder if you all live in the same area.. Or close by?

trinity
11-08-2007, 08:14 PM
But that's just it, I didn't know it WAS a network outage, last time it was "out" it WAS on my end, my router settings somehow got screwed up and it had nothing to do with Rogers.