PDA

View Full Version : Menstrual Cycle - Very Important send to all your friends.

mizunderstood
11-04-2007, 10:19 AM
I am sure most of you have a daughter, a granddaughter, a niece, a friend or a friend's daughter......this might be worth checking out.
PASS THIS ON EVEN IF YOU DON'T USE IT!!
Recently this past week, my cousin Nicole Dishuk (age 31....newly grad student with a doctoral degree about to start her new career as a Doctor...) was flown into a nearby hospital, because she passed out.
They found a blood clot in her neck, and immediately took her by helicopter to the ER to operate. By the time they removed the right half of her skull to relieve the pressure on her brain the clot had spread to her brain causing severe damage. Since last Wednesday night,she was battling. They induced her into a coma to stop the blood flow.
They operated 3 times. Finally, they said there was nothing left that they could do. They found multiple clots in the left side of her brain, the swelling wouldn't stop and she was on the life support. She died at 4:30 yesterday. She leaves behind her husband, a 2 yr old Brandon and a 4 yr old Justin.
The CAUSE of DEATH they found was a birth control she was taking that allows you to only have your period 3 X's a year. They said it interrupts life's menstrual cycle, and although it is FDA approved......it shouldn't be. So to the women in my address book, I ask you to boycott this product and deal with your periods once a month, so you can live the rest of the months that you life has in store for you.
Please send this to every woman you know - you may save someone's life.

Remember you have a cycle for a reason.
> >

t-bone
11-04-2007, 01:30 PM
this is a hoax!

http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/dishuk.asp

just because it is on the internet, does not mean it is true...

mizunderstood
11-04-2007, 09:17 PM
This exact story might be a hoax but the underlying point is that there are serious side effects to birth control. Such as blood clots, seizures, strokes and heart attacks, as well as many other things.
It is important to be checked regularly by your dr to make sure that none of these things are actually happeneing to you.
Also women need to become more in tune with their bodies. If they feel EVEN A LITTLE BIT out of the norm while taking birth control contact the dr immediatly!

mizunderstood
11-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Serious risks associated with the Pill that can be life threatening include blood clots, stroke, and heart attacks and are increased if you smoke cigarettes.
If any of the following side effects occur while you are taking an oral contraceptive , call your health care professional immediately:

Sharp chest pain, coughing of blood, or sudden shortness of breath (indicating a possible clot in the lung)
Pain in the calf (indicating a possible clot in the leg)
Crushing chest pain or heaviness in the chest (indicating a possible heart attack)
Sudden severe headache or vomiting, dizziness or fainting, disturbances of vision or speech, weakness, or numbness in an arm or leg (indicating a possible stroke)
Sudden partial or complete loss of vision (indicating a possible clot in the eye)
Breast lumps (indicating possible breast cancer or fibrocystic disease of the breast; ask your health care professional to show you how to examine your breasts)
Severe pain or tenderness in the stomach area (indicating a possibly ruptured liver tumor)
Difficulty in sleeping, weakness, lack of energy, fatigue, or change in mood (possibly indicating severe depression)
Jaundice or a yellowing of the skin or eyeballs, accompanied frequently by fever, fatigue, loss of appetite, dark-colored urine, or light-colored bowel movements (indicating possible liver problems)

PLEASE READ IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION:
While you get 4 periods a year, you’re also more likely to have bleeding or spotting between periods. This can be slight to a flow like a regular period and should decrease over time.

Like other birth control pills, has serious risks, which can be life threatening. They include blood clots, stroke, and heart attack. Smoking increases these risks, especially if you are over 35, so Pill users should not smoke.

mizunderstood
11-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I wanted women to realize that there are soo many dangers to birth control that they may not be aware of.
I had a very close friend of mine die from a blood clot in the brain a few years ago. THey could not directly link it to the pill but there was substantial evidence to lead them to that conclusion.
I know that there are a few young girls on this site often and I want them to realize the danger they are putting their bodies and their lives in.

MrsBeasley
11-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Every oral contraceptive comes with these warnings.

mizunderstood
11-04-2007, 10:10 PM
O h I know, I just want girls and women to realize the dangers. I see a lot of females (young and not so young) rush into birth control without looking at all the dangers...

AreWeThereYetMom
11-04-2007, 11:04 PM
I agree, dangers, risks and side effects come with all meds, whether prescribed or not. Being informed of the symptoms and side effects are so crucial.
Probably not the best way to warn and inform women on ISJ about boycotting or being aware of dangers of a specific product by name after revealing gruesome details.

I'd suggest considering an alternate way to inform all readers the facts about these products whether needed for actual birth control or for cycle control.

Also, please consider that some women have few interim choices but to trial these products for the sake of cycle control for heavy bleeding or for progestin/estrogen therapy before further medical analysis is necessary.

lizard_lover
11-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Yup...all pills give these warnings, but so many people take it...
I recently went off the pill (a month ago) and was on it since i got off my first period. My doctor put me on it because I lost apprx. 10 cups of blood in the first 2 days of my period...anyways so I have been on the pill for 6 years, and just got off it. I just experienced my first "real" period, and I want to scream! I have cramps, bloating, sore breasts, etc...I have never had them before...all because of the pill!

My bf wants me to go back on the pill because "condoms are no fun" but seriously..i take cramps, and even possible pregnancy over being back on that crap!

mizunderstood
11-06-2007, 08:24 PM
I agree, dangers, risks and side effects come with all meds, whether prescribed or not. Being informed of the symptoms and side effects are so crucial.
Probably not the best way to warn and inform women on ISJ about boycotting or being aware of dangers of a specific product by name after revealing gruesome details.

I'd suggest considering an alternate way to inform all readers the facts about these products whether needed for actual birth control or for cycle control.

Also, please consider that some women have few interim choices but to trial these products for the sake of cycle control for heavy bleeding or for progestin/estrogen therapy before further medical analysis is necessary.

Thank you.
I should have thought of that myself. I went back and removed the names now. I appreciate that you pointed that out.
I do understand that for some women may have FEW choices for birth control methods (i am one of them) I am just hoping that people will start thinking a little more and learning more about all the stuff we put into our bodies without knowing the long term damage it can cause.
A good example of this is from the late 50's early 60's. Women (pregnant women) were given Thalidomide to "combat morning sickness" and we ended up with MILLIONS of children being born with defects, including (but not limited to)'Thalidomide Babies' (flipper babies)

mizunderstood
11-06-2007, 08:28 PM
[quote=lizard_lover;176323]
I recently went off the pill (a month ago) and was on it since i got off my first period. My doctor put me on it because I lost apprx. 10 cups of blood in the first 2 days of my period...

Are you sure you lost 10 CUPS of blood? I think that is a very exaggerated number.
The amount of blood lost may range normally from slight spotting to 80 mL. Loss of more than 80 mL is abnormal. The average woman discharges about 40 mL of blood and 35 mL of serous fluid over a 5-day period of menstruation. Menstrual fluid contains fibrinolysin, therefore it normally does not clot. Since the average life span of a red blood cell is 3 months and the body's bone marrow is constantly producing red blood cells to maintain equilibrium, the blood loss during menstrual period will be replaced by the body.
http://www.science.edu.sg/ssc/detailed.jsp?artid=32&type=6&root=4&parent=4&cat=48

lizard_lover
11-06-2007, 08:46 PM
yup...I was so sick I was hospitalized from it...and I had to have blood pumped into my body by the bag because I lost so much...it literally felt like my uterus was being stripped raw. They had my flow monitored VERY closely...so yeah I am sure. But I was one of those freak things...kinda why I was on the pill since then up until a month ago....

oh yeah sorry I don't mean cups as in measuring cups...that would be impossible...there were cups they were using...kinda like pee cups...I think it averaged out to 3 actual measuring cups...

mommyd
11-19-2007, 12:56 PM
oh thank god.. i was gonna say.. if you lost 10 cups of blood in two days you'da been dead.

yup...I was so sick I was hospitalized from it...and I had to have blood pumped into my body by the bag because I lost so much...it literally felt like my uterus was being stripped raw. They had my flow monitored VERY closely...so yeah I am sure. But I was one of those freak things...kinda why I was on the pill since then up until a month ago....

oh yeah sorry I don't mean cups as in measuring cups...that would be impossible...there were cups they were using...kinda like pee cups...I think it averaged out to 3 actual measuring cups...