PDA

View Full Version : car brake ins

Scottie23
11-01-2007, 10:54 PM
I live in forest hills and my roomies car has been broken into 2 times in the past 2 months. I was wondering if any one else has experienced this or other thefts. The nature is not of some one that seems to have a purpose other than see whats in side. Some valuables are left and Canadian tire money is taken.

Please add your 2 cents worth help keep our neighbour hood nice.

billandwin
11-02-2007, 07:48 AM
It's happened to me befor when I lived in the north end they stole the change and bridge tokens but left a cd wallet with 30 cd's in it. I think they want cash or something they don't have to sell to get money. You can't track canadian tire money or change out of an ashtray. But alot of people mark their cds so they are not worth trying to explain to their parents why they have 4 copies of the garth brooks cd they don't listen to. I now live in Grand Bay and have had my car broken into but this time the perpatrator went after the very well installed cd deck in the car. Luckily for me we installed it with a very short wireing harness and screws from the back of the deck so thier was no way in hell they were getting it out without destroying it. I've been told by many people they just leave their car open now with nothing in it to avoid a broken window, slashed tires, getting keyed, or any other form of wreckless vandalism somebody would think of to show their disapproval of not having an easy way of getting enough change to buy a coffee. When I was 15 and wanted money to out with friends I went and got a job at Macdonalds, I certainly didn't even think of breaking into cars or worse houses to get a few bucks. I wonder if they relize that eack break in counts as a charge of theft under $1000. So if that guy/girl broke into twenty cars in one night and was caught he/she could have twenty chages laid if the people whose cars were broken into came forward. I wouldn't think it would be worth it.

krome
11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
The problem is they're not afraid of the law, or that the cops don't think it's worth their time. There should be stiffer penalties for such vandalism or theft, and the parents of these criminal kids should be fined for not keeping tabs on their own children.

The_Dave
11-06-2007, 01:31 PM
The problem is they're not afraid of the law, or that the cops don't think it's worth their time. There should be stiffer penalties for such vandalism or theft, and the parents of these criminal kids should be fined for not keeping tabs on their own children.

The problem is huge in all aspects, but what it comes down to is people are trying to support a drug/alcohol habit so they steal from anyone and everyone.