PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Faith

angelaa
11-01-2007, 06:17 PM
This may sound like a movie but this is my life. I am a widow with Five Beautiful Children. Fourteen years ago my husband had committed suicide. After that I got involved with an abusive boyfriend, so CPS, took my four youngest kids into Foster Care. My life as I knew it ended that day. My life took a turn for the worse and I started drinking, thinking it would ease the pain, the only pain that eased was the physical pain that I received from my ex. My body became numb and shut down. After eight years of abusive boyfriends and the sad, emotional life as an Alcoholic I had had enough and I prayed one night for God to take me in my sleep. However, I woke up the next morning sicker than sick, trust me you can feel that bad, I just layed there on my couch trying to figure out why I was still here, and thinking God doesn't want me either. I had figured that my kids were happy and my Family was distant, and my friends were few. Too sick to move, all I could do was lay there and think. And I realized that I had alot of unresolved issues to take care of first. First and foremost letting my kids know that I didn't just abandon them, and that their Mom loves them more than the World. So I stayed sober for a week, mainly because I was too sick to keep a drink down no matter how hard I tried. And I figured that if I lasted this long maybe the worst of withdrawal on my own was over, so I decided to try another day than another, and it worked, except for the fact that it was very lonely for me because of the fact that all my friends still drank. Well of course that commercial had to come on, the one about " If you find yourself constantly reaching for a bottle......." That just made me cry even worse. After a while, I decided to give it a try. I had nothing left to lose. So I attended the First of Fifty Meetings in Fifty days that I went in a row. Keeping in the back of my mind, what I had recalled someone saying "If you can make it to a liquor store you can make it to a meeting. Two years ago when my daughter turned 16 she begged us to get her out of the Foster Home, so we did, leaving two of my boys there. After about 4 months she revealed to us the horrific things that had happened to her down there. They removed my two boys and sent them to another Foster Home and The Foster Father received 6 years in Prison for what he did to my Daughter, not enough but its a Start. Now with knowing that all these years my Four Children had infact been suffering from the worst kind of abuse imaginable, and Me thinking my Children were happy, which was furtherest from the truth. I petioned the Courts for my two Boys back and tomorrow, November 02, 2007 my boys will be Returned to my Care. It is a Great Celebration for us to be Reunited. So from this try to learn a lesson, that no matter how dispairing and gloomy things can be, there is always one little dim star shining up in the sky, just for us individually. So never give up hope, You never know how severe things in Life can change, just by holding on for One More Day. Never give up on Yourself or Anyone Else, things can get better no matter how unrealistic that seems, Its worked for Me. :) <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Cherry Pop
11-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks for sharing your story and being so honest. I just want to let you know that you have given me some hope today. I have been struggling for a while with something and the last few weeks have had more struggles on top on that. All day today I have been saying to myself "Life can't really be this hard, can it?!" I just feel so overwhelmed. Then I came on here and read what you wrote...I just wanted to let you know that it gave me some hope. Thanks!

angelaa
11-01-2007, 07:03 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">You just made me cry, but thats ok I do it alot lately. I hope all the best for you, no matter what, don't ever give up. Life can get better, trust in yourself, and strength will follow.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

puppyluv
11-01-2007, 07:06 PM
congrads on being re-united with your boys tomorrow! I am so very sorry about your husband..and for your daughter. If you can afford it, counselling may be a very good thing for y'all as a family unit, and individaully as well.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers...never give up..on yourself, your family, or God.

angelaa
11-01-2007, 07:17 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Thank you, and as far as Counselling goes, my children and I will be in Therapy for years to come, but its all good, My children deserve the best that life can offer, They haven't had much in the past, with Male roll models, but they knew not that they have a strong Mom who will stand by them.

dittydottie
11-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Thank God you are getting things in your life under control.You don't need a bottle,you don't need abuse but you do need faith and believe that things will get better.
Best of luck to you and your children.God Bless take care and remember keep smiling and God loves you.He works in mysterous ways sometimes and this is one of them ways!!

angelaa
11-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Thank you everyone for your very kind words of encouragement.<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

magoosmomma
11-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Wow I am sitting here in tears .. Good for you for defeating your demons and becoming the strong mother (and woman) your children need.
I will keep you all in my prayers.. It was said best when said "that God works in mysterious ways" ...so very true
Take care and best of luck to you all!

FutureChief88
11-02-2007, 08:07 AM
How is your day going so far? Life Must be great now with all your Children..
God Bless.. You are in my thoughts.. You as well Cherry_Pop..

angelaa
11-02-2007, 08:26 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Today is going to be an eventful one, They won't be here till between 5 and 6, because they are in School. And the Social Worker is Court Ordered to return them to me today. I had taken CPS to Court claiming them unfit to be raising my Children, I represented myself, and Judge ruled in my favor. Actually I am going down in History as setting a Precident for that. Other People have tried but were uncesscessful. My kids and I are going to have a Party tonight and Celebrate the most Joyeus Reunion any Family could ever endure. With my boys one of the biggest thrill for them is that they are finally after 10 years are going to have their Own Bedrooms for the first time in Ten Years.

JustWatching
11-02-2007, 08:33 AM
How old are your five children now?

Mandi
11-02-2007, 08:37 AM
<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr unselectable="on" width="100%" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">Today is going to be an eventful one, They won't be here till between 5 and 6, because they are in School. And the Social Worker is Court Ordered to return them to me today. I had taken CPS to Court claiming them unfit to be raising my Children, I represented myself, and Judge ruled in my favor. Actually I am going down in History as setting a Precident for that. Other People have tried but were uncesscessful. My kids and I are going to have a Party tonight and Celebrate the most Joyeus Reunion any Family could ever endure. With my boys one of the biggest thrill for them is that they are finally after 10 years are going to have their Own Bedrooms for the first time in Ten Years.

</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Oh wow, I can't even begin to say how happy I am for you!!! that is just so amazing. I can't imagine the joy you must be feeling. I wish you and your family the best, and continue to be the strong woman you have shown to be. I am so proud that you over came your addiction and you must know already how amazing life is with the little wonders it can present as opposed to the pain of a bottle. :p

angelaa
11-02-2007, 09:07 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">My boys are 26, 22, 15, and my baby just turned 13. We have alot to catch up on. My daughter is 18 now. I am so proud of her for revealing what she did, to get her two younger brothers out of that house of horror. She is the Best Big Sister anyone could ever ask for. Thank you Everyone for your support.

FutureChief88
11-02-2007, 10:01 AM
So the 15 and 13 year olds are the ones u r getting today?

Do you talk with the older ones?

mother of 4
11-02-2007, 10:09 AM
i just had my 5th baby and i would not know what to do if they were taken from me i dont know if i could recover as u did so there saying im very proud of you for being strong i belive god dose things to us for a reason no matter good or bad but you are a wounderful parent and dont ever forget it and dont let anyone else tell u different. good luck tonight with your family and have fun

xbunniex
11-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Congrats!!
Best of luck !!! :)
This story made me smile! :)
welcome to your new life

angelaa
11-02-2007, 01:41 PM
The two boys that are coming home today are 13 and 15. My 18 year old daughter I see everyday, my 22 year old moved in with me when I quit drinking, and my oldest boy lives in Fredericton, Third Year Criminalogy at Saint Thomas University.

JulieHebert
11-02-2007, 03:29 PM
All I can say is WOW , It takes alot of guts and faith to turn things around. Enjoy the catch up with your family and They are lucky to have you. I hope they realize it because remember no one is perfect. If they were the world would be pretty boring. Keep up the good work and Welcome to a better life.

angelaa
11-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Update..... My Boys are on their home right now!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya Hoooooooo............

krome
11-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Congratulations!

Remember: Don't give up on God, because He never gives up on you.

angelaa
12-25-2007, 03:38 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I posted this again incase someone out there might be feeling a little over whelmed by all the Christmas Activity. This can be a very challenging time of year for alot of People. My best to all of you, and may you have a safe and Wonderful Christmas. From my Family, to Yours, Merry Christmas.

angelaa
03-19-2008, 03:19 PM
I am reposting this as a tribute to My Good Friend who tragically passed away recently, It seems apropriate on a day like this. RIP Eddie Chamberlain.

FutureChief88
03-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Is there a link.. cause i am not seeing anything.

angelaa
03-19-2008, 04:01 PM
I think Your on Page 2, go to page 1.

scuddles
03-20-2008, 12:13 PM
angelaa,
pm'd you.

FutureChief88
03-20-2008, 02:49 PM
LOL i was thanks