PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 -- Three red flashing lights

KRS
10-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Has anyone experience this 'hardware failure' with their XBOX 360?

It is commonly referred to as the red ring of death..

I experience it a couple weeks ago..called 360 support and they mailed me a box to ship it back in for a repair. While I was waiting for the box to arrive I tried the 360 again and it worked. But this weekend when I tried it I got the 3 red flashing lights again. Anyone ever experience this?

coffeegal
10-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Send it back, my son had this problem, among others when he got his 360 in April. His would 'temporarily' work as well, but it was sent back and he received another. Can't remember how long it took, but it wasn't too long of a wait.

massong
10-30-2007, 07:26 PM
The 3 rings of death is incredibly common and Microsoft extended the warranty to 3 years on xbox's with that problem so definitely send it back.

It's also common that it can look like it fixes itself just like you found, but it *WILL* break again so send it back!

Enjoy your replacement box :)

You should look into buying a fan add on for the XBOX 360. I was looking at this one, it might help in the future as the problem is commonly caused by overheating of the GPU.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A1301356

Gary

KRS
10-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the replies. I don't play it that often..more of a tiger woods machine every other week but I will look into a fan.

Thanks.