PDA

View Full Version : Reception Venues in Saint John

nichac
01-11-2007, 06:52 AM
I am looking for ideas for a venue to hold a wedding reception and dance in summer 2008. Somewhere nice...different... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

blepton
01-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi

I was just to a wedding reception on Friday night at St Paul's Church in Rothesay right in the Rothesay Commons. What a beautiful place for a reception. The bride and groom had candles on all tables as lighting and it was the most wonderful thing I've seen. I wish we would have thought of there for our reception.

Dan_Man
01-11-2007, 11:47 AM
It was a very nice wedding :)

kimbey76
01-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I dont know alot about this place like how to reserve it or anything but the Glen Carpenter center is nice, it is an old fashioned log cabin on a lake just off of foster thurston, you cant even tell you are so close to town, there is an upstairs and downstairs, upstairs has two rooms downstairs has kitchen and large room, also has an semioutdoor picnic type area, i think it would be a great place to have a wedding reception/dance

amethyst
01-11-2007, 05:19 PM
I think you'd contact the YMCA for that...if i'm not mistaken they do camps etc for the kids.

skallywag
01-11-2007, 05:25 PM
We had ours at the Riverside Country Club. Outstanding food, and was only $2.00 a plate more than most hotels in the city. Definetly worth it!

pepsimama
01-11-2007, 09:08 PM
A work colleague had her wedding and reception at Adair's Lodge and Cabins on the penninsula. It was outside by a lake and she had a harpist there and guest could rent a cabin or camp outdoors. It looked like a great spot.

alsgal
01-12-2007, 07:41 PM
I dont know alot about this place like how to reserve it or anything but the Glen Carpenter center is nice, it is an old fashioned log cabin on a lake just off of foster thurston, you cant even tell you are so close to town, there is an upstairs and downstairs, upstairs has two rooms downstairs has kitchen and large room, also has an semioutdoor picnic type area, i think it would be a great place to have a wedding reception/dance

My friend called there last week...they don't do weddings anymore. They didn't give her a reason

trinity
01-13-2007, 03:22 PM
What about the Hammond River Angling association? they have a building on the river, just off the highway, and I have been to both a wedding reception and some other function there, can't quite recall what it was. Or Shadow Lawn Inn, Rothesay? They would probably be very pricey, but you never know.

toolman
01-14-2007, 11:40 AM
I think the lilly lake pavillain would be a beautiful spot