PDA

View Full Version : children with autism

fuzzy
10-19-2007, 08:22 PM
hi i have a 3 year old boy with autism just wondering if anyone esle has a child with autism its all new to me WOW he is the greatest. people often say he seems to be in another world altogether sometimes i wish he would let me in to his world would like some insight from people with some experence i found out in may 2007 i also have a 2 year old girl and a 1 year old girl tired alot of the time but would not change a thing.

mizunderstood
10-19-2007, 09:49 PM
I have a 3 year old son, we are having him tested on the 29th... I can't offer info, but just support... It's tough, but these kids are such a joy!
We had a autistic foster kid years ago... They are really the happiest kids on earth sometimes...I heard on Oprah that there is a "cure" for autism, though I didn't get to hear the whole thing... I think it was Jenny Macarthy? Not sure though..

poohbear68
10-19-2007, 09:53 PM
i have a child with autism and he had it since last year when i found out. and he is only 4 years old and he loves doing puzzles and other sorts of things to do with crafts. autism kids r so awesome other than kids without autism. i also have 2 other children that r 2 years and a 7 yr old and they get along sometimes but children are't perfect. and they r all boys. i love to be in his world wondering what he's thinking and one day he was in his room looking at his ceiling and i asked him what he was doing and he replied I'M THINKING LOL and i said thinking about what and he was planning his nexted trip far away. with rollercoasters lol . nice to had a chance to meet some like you, that knows somewhat about autism so good luck

poohbear68
10-19-2007, 09:55 PM
there is not cure for autism because they were born with because i asked the doctor and she said it happens in so many people but mostly in boys.
and said that she wasn't sure what cause it.

mommyd
10-19-2007, 10:12 PM
the "cure" that jenny mccarthy talks about isn't ncessarily a cure. But her son was diagnosed with autism, and then she heard of a gluten free diet that worked for a dr's son with autism. Anway, she tried it with her son and within a couple of months he was a changed child, and was taken off all but one medication. He now looks in her eyes and tells her he loves her, things he never did before.