PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning - Office Computer Chair - Do It Yourself - HOW ?

Freudian
01-10-2007, 06:42 PM
My computer chair needs cleaning after many years of use and spills.

What's the cheapest (yet safe) way to clean it? It's one of the standard cloth-covered cushion styles. Just the cloth-covered cushion needs cleaning. I had a professional cleaning service come in to do a shampooing and wet-vac procedure on it many years ago when someone with a really smelly bum sat on it. That fixed it up nice (leaving a mild fruity smell which eventually dissipated thankfully) back then, but that cost 35$+ and I was hoping to do it myself for much cheaper like 10-15$. I have a 1.5 AMP shop/wet vac which is abou as good as a modern home vacuum cleaner and maybe a little better if that is of any use.

Maybe there is a shampoo product at CND Tire or something?

Anyone with proven methods and products, please lemmie know.

Freudian

MrsBeasley
01-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I just did a whole sofa (smelled of dogs) with my Scunzi steamer (gotta love hubby... the mail order king!), added a smidgen of Kennel Odor Eliminator (not a soap) to a bucket of water to keep refilling it as I went and I sucked the excess water out with my shop vac. Hope this helps :)

Tammy C
01-11-2007, 12:41 PM
I used to work for an office furniture store and part of my job was to keep the office chairs clean. I used to use soap & water and if there were any spots that I couldn't get out I would use windex. The material was never damaged and most times came out very clean. Windex works great on red wine stains as well... Hope this helps And don't be shy to give the material a good scrubbing, it won't hurt it any.