PDA

View Full Version : need some advice

sweetnessthing
01-10-2007, 01:40 PM
attention saint johners im lookin for a place to rent for our wedding dance it seems im runnin outta time im lookin for a place that allowed open alcol somewheres nice not too much money cause im not rich lol that will fit 150 people or less and has chairs and table with the rental please send me phone numbers of place that you cant think of alot of place s are booked already for month of may

Shephard
01-10-2007, 02:00 PM
check the jervis bay legion

djchopper6969
01-10-2007, 02:45 PM
try the curling club north

Woofer
01-10-2007, 02:53 PM
i had mine at the legion branch #2 ludlow street west.

sweetnessthing
01-10-2007, 03:32 PM
is there numbers for these place i looked north curling place but no phone number so i dunno how to reach them and where jervis place at i need something in town not too far out something inside saint john

djchopper6969
01-10-2007, 04:16 PM
curling club is called Thistle St Andrew's curling club :) sorry I had a temporary memory block

amethyst
01-10-2007, 04:17 PM
there's a legion on Charlotte Street uptown. That's where i had my reception.

ETA: Jarvis Bay legion is on Bayside drive by the drydock. (or what was the drydock lol)

kb
01-10-2007, 06:34 PM
lmao the legion uptown on charlotte has been gone for at least 10 yrs you can also try dennis morris center

Mandi
01-10-2007, 06:40 PM
lmao the legion uptown on charlotte has been gone for at least 10 yrs you can also try dennis morris center

does charlotte street go up past where the old Wendy's use to be, because if it does, my brother had his reception there 3 years ago, and it was lovely :)
I think it's coburg street actually? not positive, but I think charlotte changes to coburg at union

Ash
01-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Try Homeport on Douglas Ave

wildberry
01-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Some people I know had their reception t the Loch Lomond Villa. Its big and they have a bar there

Goin4Coffee
01-10-2007, 08:11 PM
i agree with the legions, but if they are all booked try local community centres, I know of TWO,, one East & one West both have really good prices :) Best of Luck & Congrats

amethyst
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
really? LOL..shows how long it's been since i got married...i was married in 95 so they must have closed it shortly after.

mickeymouse
01-10-2007, 10:39 PM
The Jervis Bay Legion, is located on Bayside Dr. Next to the Dry DOck. I had my wedding reception and dance there and it was great.

trinity
01-11-2007, 12:32 AM
does charlotte street go up past where the old Wendy's use to be, because if it does, my brother had his reception there 3 years ago, and it was lovely :)
I think it's coburg street actually? not positive, but I think charlotte changes to coburg at union

That was the Knights of Columbus hall, but they sold it to the Chinese cultural association.

What about the Buffalo Club? I think my cousin had her reception there, and its on Union St.

sweetnessthing
01-11-2007, 09:58 AM
ok im waiting for calls back guys thanks for your help some places are book until end of the summer such as prude , loch lond villa ,etc so i hope the ones that do call back are available lol im runnin outta time gees i never knew this took so much work i m thinkin twice before becomin a wedding planner lol

Sherman
05-22-2007, 09:10 PM
They do not allow dances at the Homeport.

buckstep
05-24-2007, 09:28 PM
The Union Club is really nice. The YMCA owns the Glenn Carpenter Center off Foster Thurston. It's really nice you should look at that. We have summer functions there all the time. It was owned by Wilson who used to own the dry dock before Irving....Check it out..... Beautiful and Unique!

countrybumpkin
11-29-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm having my reception at the Colonial Inn's Colonial Ballroom u may want to look into ur self, I kno years ago if u rented the Ballroom then u would get the Hawaiian suite no charge and they would give u a good deal on rooms for the other members of the wedding party and families, u may want to look in to it..

Roses_86
11-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Try the Courtenay Bay Hotel or Coastal Inn too.. I heard they did receptions.

Mandi
11-29-2007, 01:33 PM
The Hilton or Delta (I'm not sure which :( ) does as well it would cost around 75-100 people decent meals. (including trays and such for the dance, and punch!) that would be, the hall for the reception, they do their own take down, and for the dance, and I believe that you also get your honey moon suite with champagne that night for free! it's really worth looking into :) Their food is amazing. Also, you get table clothes in your choice, and center pieces of candles with a mirrored base

angelaa
11-29-2007, 05:04 PM
I've been to alot of Wedding Receptions at the Legion #69 Branch, maybe you should look into having it there. It's on the West Side.