PDA

View Full Version : New Ritchies Warehouse

Annie55
10-12-2007, 04:01 PM
I wanted to know if anyone else had noticed how slow the new Ritchies was when serving customers and getting what ever you picked up.
I was really upset and there were people beside me said yes it is new and looks great but the service has never been slower, you pay for your order then stand in line at the end of the desk to wait for someone to come get you to get the order, I know the ones in the line were upset as I was, usually when I run in there I have people waiting for what ever I am getting so they can continue the job, so I try to be as fast as I can. The sad part is people were saying that they will just go to Kents, Ritchies prices are cheaper, but if you are paying someone to work and they are waiting for the products it costs more in the long run.
Anyone else notice the difference?

dan j
10-12-2007, 04:25 PM
They're probably just ironing out some kinks in the drastic business change they just went through. I'd hope that they have things straightened out sooner than later but I wouldn't write them off just yet. That said, I've been meaning to go in and take a look at things.

Chinna Dah
10-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I went in and looked around as we are renovating our house, and I find Kent has better prices and better service.

mizunderstood
10-12-2007, 05:36 PM
kents has better prices on SOME things but I think overall richies is cheaper. Anyways, I have noticed the service changed and I talked to a friend of mine that works there and he told me that they are in the process of new systems, new employees, everything is new to them, so it will take a little time to get everything up and running perfectly. I say stick it out, it will be worth it in the long run. :)

kaj27
10-12-2007, 05:48 PM
kents has better prices on SOME things but I think overall richies is cheaper. Anyways, I have noticed the service changed and I talked to a friend of mine that works there and he told me that they are in the process of new systems, new employees, everything is new to them, so it will take a little time to get everything up and running perfectly. I say stick it out, it will be worth it in the long run. :)

Kent Building Supplies offers a price match and they beat it by 10% or 20%. So why bother shopping anywheres else?

I stopped into Ritchie's a few weeks ago, Spent about an hour looking around. Bit small in there but I sure noticed that no one asked if I needed a hand. Their prices are much higher than KBS but not as bad as Home Depot!!

lizard_lover
10-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Wow...I think Kent's is way more expensive. My boyfriend is building a cabinet for a couple of out lizards, and when we got a 4'x8' piece of plywood (i think it was oak or birch..sorry I am not big on the wood thing) it was 72$ (I remember because I paid for it lol) and we went to Ritchie's this weekend to get another one, and it was only 39.99$!!! Same with silicone and some hardware...(Yay! The girlfriend re-siliconed the bathtub this weekend! To those who never have...I do not suggest it as a weekend tackle job...)

Rekcus
10-15-2007, 03:29 PM
I went to Ritchie's about a couple months ago to look at carpets. Took about 45 mins to get someone to help us. He wrote down the carpet we wanted and the price and said they would send someone out to measure the room. The person came and measured the room and said someone from Ritchie's would call us with the final price. Waited a week and no one called, so we went in and they didn't even have our information, the measurements or the carpet we wanted. We just walked out and got the same carpet some place else for MUCH cheaper. Ritchie's wanted $200 labour - just LABOUR - to do a small flight of stairs and the place we ended up buying from was under $60. Was quoted almost $1200 from Ritchies for a room and stairs and got it done for less than $600 somewhere else. I will never go back to Ritchies.