PDA

View Full Version : parking meters

leeleemom
10-12-2007, 09:38 AM
ok so the other day I had to take my son to the hospital for some tests. I parked at a meter. I went to put my change in. I had a toonie. I looked all over the meter and it did not say anything about not taking toonies. I put it in and guess what it just took my money and no credit for any minutes it just stayed at 0. I know it is only $2 but hey that was $2 wasted!! Pretty simple...if they don't take them then it should say!!

mizunderstood
10-12-2007, 12:33 PM
i agree

Chinna Dah
10-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Or if it doesnt say it....don't put it in.

stripekv
10-12-2007, 04:54 PM
The parking meters in Saint John say what they DO accept.

leeleemom
10-12-2007, 06:05 PM
NO!! The parking meter did not say what it would take!!!!!!!!!

Chinna Dah
10-12-2007, 09:26 PM
NO!! The parking meter did not say what it would take!!!!!!!!!

oh sorry

ceg
10-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I just assume that the parking meters take quarters. But I tend to avoid them and park at the ones that give you a ticket to put in your car.

trinity
10-14-2007, 03:07 PM
I had to use my CREDIT card the other day, I went to park and when I walked up to the ticket dispenser thing- no change purse! I left it in my lunch bag. Did I ever feel stupid having to use the card for $1. Even more stupid when I had to do it again the next day for $2 (still forgot to get change purse out of lunch bag!)
Did the meter show not working? Sometimes it will be flashing a little yellow light or something. I thought they took toonies as well, the ones that take coin right at the meter.

oasis
10-14-2007, 03:50 PM
They all take toonies. But unfortunately they operate on 4aa batteries. If the batteries get weak the meter can lose it's programing. Other things can also go wrong with them. Did you call the parking commission? Some times these things have intermittent problems that they don't know about until some one calls to tell them.