PDA

View Full Version : Something that I think is really rude

JulieHebert
10-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Ok so I have noticed that some people on here are just money hungery and if you tell someone that you are going to buy something today and then they turn around and sell it to someone else after telling you to call them at a certain time. It doesn't make sense ....I have had it happen a few times to me and heard from other people the same thing.I think it is rude .What does others think.......................

The_Dave
10-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Ok so I have noticed that some people on here are just money hungery and if you tell someone that you are going to buy something today and then they turn around and sell it to someone else after telling you to call them at a certain time. It doesn't make sense ....I have had it happen a few times to me and heard from other people the same thing.I think it is rude .What does others think.......................

Although sometimes situations like this occur, it is because money talks and if someone has the money now, then the people selling who want that money now, may disregard that they promised to sell to someone else. Not a very good way to get a good reputation as a seller but on the other hand, what about people who promise to buy and the seller ends up having to hold on to the item, even though they could have sold it and then the buyer backs out of the deal or just doesn't bother to contact the seller to go through with the deal?? It works both ways.

melissaanne
10-11-2007, 10:11 AM
It is rude, but like Dave said it's rude not to show up either.

If there are definate arrangements made, than I hang on to it. If the arrangements are I'll call you tomorrow......then first come first serve.IMO

Lady_Athena
10-11-2007, 11:33 AM
I can assure you 100% I do not do this ever! Yes it will sometimes mean I loose out on a sale and waste HOURS waiting around for people, but I really do not do this for the money. If I did I would have quit a while ago lol

I do state up front if you make arrangements and do not show up I will post negative feedback. Which I think is pretty fair and expected, I have a life too lol:p

JulieHebert
10-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Although sometimes situations like this occur, it is because money talks and if someone has the money now, then the people selling who want that money now, may disregard that they promised to sell to someone else. Not a very good way to get a good reputation as a seller but on the other hand, what about people who promise to buy and the seller ends up having to hold on to the item, even though they could have sold it and then the buyer backs out of the deal or just doesn't bother to contact the seller to go through with the deal?? It works both ways.

I totally agree ,I guess it has happened to me a few times and when you are looking forward to buying something and they sell it on you then it is pretty disappointing but I know what you are saying about people not showing up that has also happened to me to.

Lady_Athena
10-11-2007, 02:13 PM
I have a terrible memory so I am not saying I will never make a mistake. I am sure I have missed Private messages or e-mails, but never intentionally. I try and respond to everyone.

habsfan10
10-11-2007, 02:23 PM
that has happened to me a couple of times as well. I will hold an item a day or so after I speak with the person. If they say they will call or show up at a certain time....fine....If they don't show......well yes negative feedback. I always go through with my purchases and I expect someone to do the same for me. But .....what goes around comes around. When they have a post, nobody will buy.