PDA

View Full Version : Computer question??

sjboy
10-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Anyone out there know approximately how much a microsoft windows xp media center edition 2005 operating system disc would sell for online?

Adam-07
10-09-2007, 08:19 PM
I would suggest $80-$130 price range grant it you still have the box and a working product key, if its new (unopened vs opened) or used, disc condition, package contents etc.

maddmaxstar
10-11-2007, 02:40 AM
Do you need the full set (Software+Serial Key) or just the Discs to do a reinstall? WinXP Media Center 2005 only came in an OEM pack and not in a retail box like Home and Pro did.

On copies of windows, the Serial Key sticker (usually located on the side of the PC, lower corner, or on the back, and says the Windows Version and the 5x5 Serial code) is the legal part of the OS and not the disc. If you lost the discs but still have the sticker, all you need is copies of the original discs instead of buying new ones. But if you want replacement discs, Microsoft usually sells replacements for cheap, from what I've heard.

But if you want the whole set, try Munro Electronics (Behind Universal underneath Crown St, Haymarket Square.), they can probably order it in cheap or may even have it in stock.

Adam-07
10-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Sorry I misread your post, I thought you were asking how much they sell for online so you could sell one. Hmm to rebuy another disc might find cheap on ebay or something.