PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on a Wedding Anniversay??

tessa
01-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Hi..there my parents 25Th anniversary is coming up late may..She (mother) has been leaving hints as to what she wants. This being that i think she wants to have a big dance, where as we have a huge family..I think it may be a little late to find a hall and all..does anyone have suggestions on places? DJ's? anything that might come in useful?..I have no idea where to start..lol..but i have to get too it very soon..Help Please..lol..:eek:

airsky501
01-10-2007, 01:19 AM
What about the place they got married?

hyjack
01-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Well i work at the Fort Howe Hotel & Convention Center and we usually have alot of space avalible for those such of events and for not a bad price as well and for a d.j i strongly suggest hunter sounds those are the ones that done my wedding and i was very pleased with them i had my wedding up at the Top of the Town

amethyst
01-10-2007, 04:43 AM
You could try the Legions.

MrsBeasley
01-10-2007, 06:55 AM
I like the idea of airsky501, the place they had their original wedding reception would be more memorable. Provided it's available.

dittydottie
01-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Jervis Bay Legion is a great place. Will do meals to. Give them a call very very reasonable. They cater you get hall free!!

tessa
01-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Unfortunatly , having it in the place they got married is out of the question..It is no longer around..:(

MrsBeasley
01-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Sent you a PM with the name of a DJ

Marigold
01-10-2007, 05:34 PM
We held my parents 25th anniversary party about 8 years ago at the Jarvis Bay Legion. We did a whole 70s theme (the decade they were married) dance. Everyone showed up in 70s attire, and we decorated with album covers from the era, as well as a disco ball. I can't remember who the dj was, but I remember he was good...It was mostly 70s stuff, in keeping with the theme, but he played lots of other stuff too. We didn't have a meal, just brought in snacks (since it was in the evening), but I recall that it wasn't too expensive to rent the place, and they did the clean up afterward!

angeliiiss
01-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I agree with Jarvis Bay..its great and they do a very good job.For a DJ I highly reccommend Kevin Steeves ..he did a wedding rep. this summer that I attended and he is great!! he has music to suit everyones taste.If you want his number pm me.

tessa
01-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Replyed to all PM's ..have called a few of them..lol..Wow there's lots:D

icedragon
01-15-2007, 07:09 PM
It's quite admirable when people stay together that long. With the way relationships are today. Kind of refreshing to see people commited to making a relationship work