PDA

View Full Version : Getting flyers delivered (west)

Angii
01-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Am I the only street that does not get flyers???Its annoying! To go buy the paper in the store now they have no flyers..I live on cityline.Other day I seen a car with the ladie throwing flyers out.She totally missed my street.Kept right on going throwing flyers to the next street.LOL
I belive its the telegraph you call to complain?? We have had no flyers for months!
Sorry just want to get the good deals..lol
Angii

Dan_Man
01-09-2007, 09:39 PM
My mother had the same problem and she called the Telegraph Journal and she now gets flyers :)
Hope this helps!

Rickster
01-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Just say the heck with them and do what I do ! Got all the major stores; Wal-mart,Superstore,Sobeys,Canadian Tire,Shoppers,Radioshack,etc. in my favorites and now I don't have to worry about finding them elsewhere !!!MUCH easier this way !!! - Rick.

Angii
01-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Just say the heck with them and do what I do ! Got all the major stores; Wal-mart,Superstore,Sobeys,Canadian Tire,Shoppers,Radioshack,etc. in my favorites and now I don't have to worry about finding them elsewhere !!!MUCH easier this way !!! - Rick.

That is true Rick:)
And thanks for the flyer link.............
Angii

MrsBeasley
01-09-2007, 10:42 PM
I often walk the stretch between Marr Rd. and Grove Ave. along Campbell Drive in Rothesay. One day I must've counted 20 or more bagged bundles of flyers along this stretch and there is only the Fairvale Animal Hospital, one house and the Fire Station and these flyers were nowhere near any of them. They were actually along the bare stretch between the Fire Station and NB Power. Wonder if the TG likes paying people to litter instead of actually deliver the flyers as I can't see that many in that short stretch being a mere coincidence.

trinity
01-09-2007, 11:57 PM
I have gotten at least 3 messages on my phone in the last 2 weeks asking if I have received my flyers. It is the automated system, where you press one for yes and two for no, but they tend to call when I am out or I would certainly be pressing two for no, 3 calls must mean they think they are having a problem? I put a sign in my front porch window asking the delivery people to put them in the box I have on the stairs instead of just on the stairs, they were doing that for a while but I don't see flyers very often any more. When they do leave them, they insist on leaving 5 sets even though there are only 3 apartments.

puppyluv
01-10-2007, 07:01 AM
way back when we had this discussion on the old site, I rec'd an email and said No I asnt getting them.. We proceeded to get them for around 1 month..then *poof* it stopped. My neighbor gets theirs all the time..How does the flyer group decide who "gets them" and who doesn't I wonder?

Mandy
01-10-2007, 01:11 PM
We live in an apartment building that has six units, and every week we get a bag of at least 20 sets of flyers in it????

I think I am the only one that goes out to get a copy, so that is a waste of the other 19. We end up tossing them in the dumpster, or they will just blow around the neighborhood. Kind of a shame, and a waste of paper.

Do they get paid by the amout they deliver??? If that is the case, then my guy is making a killing. He just pulls up, opens the car door and chucks out bags of them at a time!!!! Seems to be in a big rush or something.

I always know if I don't get a stack of them on my doorstep/driveway, that there are PLENTY along Millidge Avenue for the taking....and checking online seems to be an easy way too.

Freyja
12-26-2007, 01:22 PM
i dont receive flyers either--from what i understand from this post i need to call telegraph journal??

rhiley_08j
12-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Flyers are distributed by the Telegraph Journal to those who do not get a newspaper. And no they do not make a killing at it, they get paid per address/flyer, and they have to pay for fuel and maintenance out of that.

dan j
12-26-2007, 02:31 PM
So, if I want flyers to stop I reckon I call the TJ? I hate getting them. If I want to check out sales I can do it online. Also, mine have been thrown to the middle of my front yard lately and to get them I have to walk through a few feet of snow!

rhiley_08j
12-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Yes call the Telegraph Journal's Ciculation department and they will get in touch with the Distribution Manager for your area.

sanstu
12-26-2007, 04:31 PM
When I lived in Sherwood Park(Quispamsis) I would get 10-12 bags of flyers thrown in my driveway on a weekly basis(I also received the newspaper)I made many calls to the TJ about this problem to no avail. It was soooooo.... bad and sooooooo.... out of hand my hubby wanted to lay in wait for the person delivering the flyers and pelt them with the bags and bags that were thrown all over our property. After I explained to the TJ rep. that this is what was going to happen the unwanted deliveries stopped.